GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Thud-Crunch*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/04 at 23:52
Regular
Driving home tonight (about half an hour ago), I've gone out of my way giving someone a lift, and so am on the back-roads.

Then suddenly, a rabbit in the road. I brake, he darts left. I pull the other way (after checking my rear view). Then he changes direction, it's all I can do to try to line him up to hopefully pass between the wheels and under me. But he makes one last gasp lunge for the curb.
*Thud* (I believe head on bumper)
*Crunch* (I feel him go under the wheel)

I go out of my way to avoid even killing insects, I even bottled out of killing the first ants to appear in the kitchen this year. So I'm not feeling too good about it. I remember driving to the test centre before my first driving test. A small dog ran into the road, and I braked to let him through. My instructor told me that would have failed me my test, and that I should consider it 'dead already'. But that doesnt really wash with me.

Oh well, I guess on one level it's a reminder that someone's always had a worse day than me :^(
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:15
Regular
Fosco wrote:
> That's rubbish. A dog jumped out in front of me on my test and I
> emergency stopped, so the examiner basically decided I had passed and
> started writing out his shopping list.

Oh well, he was a rubbish instructor :^s

> He needed carrots, mangoes and cauliflower - I think he was some kind
> of crazed vegetarian.

Or maybe the hippy examiner wanted to reward your karma :^D
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
Simon Says wrote:
> Deathskitten wrote:
> Dogs are way better then cats
>
> what about kittens?

Smaller target, but they move slower.
On balance, easier to hit :^)
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:38
Regular
"I ush!"
Deathskitten wrote:
> Dogs are way better then cats

what about kittens?
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:41
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
English_Bloke wrote:
> If you hit a dog you must stop, legally. But if you hit a cat you're
> A-ok to keep going, should you be a heartless sod.
Dogs are way better then cats
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
If you hit a dog you must stop, legally. But if you hit a cat you're A-ok to keep going, should you be a heartless sod.
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Deathskitten wrote:
> same. i hate not havin anything to read, whats ur favourite
> book/author?

Varies. I love Jeff Noon's trippy, psychedelic weirdness. “Vurt” being a particular favourite. “Falling out of cars” is excellent too, but almost unfathomable.
George Orwell I can re-read again and again, and will be re-reading “1984” after I finish with “The Road To Wigan Pier” which was recommended by Light. Umberto Eco’s “The Name Of The Rose” I’m close to finishing, and it’s been a wonderful ride. James Elroy is a great and gritty crime writer.

I like a large range of books, but sometimes crave an easy read and something “rip-roaring” for want of a better description. I’ve just read all seven of Terry Goodkinds Sword Of Truth series, and although they’ll never rival Tolkien, they’re entertaining enough. :)

So to answer your question (eventually) at the moment, its “The Diamond Age: Or, a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer”, by Neal Stephenson.

Anyway. Don't want to hijack the bunny killing thread. :) :) :)
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:26
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
same. i hate not havin anything to read, whats ur favourite book/author?
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Deathskitten wrote:
> Read the book Watership down, is better then film, is very sad.

It's one of those books I've always wanted to return to and read as an adult. Still, I've got 5 in the house to get through, so It'll not be anytime soon. I'm one of these people that gets tetchy and annoyed if i don't have a novel to read.
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:22
Regular
"I ush!"
I was getting a lift with a friend of mine in the outside lane of the M62 a few weeks ago. A pheasant took three steps into the road, looked defiantly towards the car and then decorated both bumpers, front and back, with feathers and odd coloured goo causing £100 worth of damage to the radiator on the way through.

I dare say had he tried to avoid it both the cost and the death count could have been far greater.
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:18
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Read the book Watership down, is better then film, is very sad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.