GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Mods - if you haven't already..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:10
Regular
Check out this website for safe and very useful mods for World of Warcraft.

[URL]http://www.curse-gaming.com[/URL] - EDIT fixed link

Loads of stuff in there to make your life easier.

Example - a few mods I use:

All In One Inventory - combines all my bags into one big bag, meaning I click any one and the whole thing opens up, so I'm not rooting through the wrong bags.

Loot Link/Sellstuff - adds a sell value to the tooltip that appears as you hover over items in your bag. Once an item is sold, all future items will be listed with a sell value (traders, not players). This helps you decide what items to destroy if your bag gets full etc.

Bottom Bar - adds an extra 24 slots just above the existing bottom bar. great for when you get higher-levelled and are running out of ability slots.

Left/Right Bar - Adds 6 extra slots to the left/right/both sides of your screen. I use the rightbar and keep stuff like cooking, leatherworking abilities up there etc.

Showlevel - Little addon that reveals the level of those with a skull in the space of the level.

AvgExp - Puts some text in your EXP bar that indicates your current exp, remaining, average and also works out how many kills left to level up.

MonkeyQuest - Handy quest tracker the sits anywhere on your UI and gives basic details about your quests, i.e. Wolf Meat 1/6, Take Crate to NPC X etc.

MonkeyClock - nice little clock that sits right at the top, centre of your screen. Can be set to show the CORRECT time :D

---------

Well, that's more than a few, but gives you an idea of the stuff that can be done!

It's all legal and Bliz welcome you to create your own mods,a lthough they don't endorse any of them. Don't like them? Just delete them from the Interface>Addons directory!

Enjoy
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:10
Regular
Check out this website for safe and very useful mods for World of Warcraft.

[URL]http://www.curse-gaming.com[/URL] - EDIT fixed link

Loads of stuff in there to make your life easier.

Example - a few mods I use:

All In One Inventory - combines all my bags into one big bag, meaning I click any one and the whole thing opens up, so I'm not rooting through the wrong bags.

Loot Link/Sellstuff - adds a sell value to the tooltip that appears as you hover over items in your bag. Once an item is sold, all future items will be listed with a sell value (traders, not players). This helps you decide what items to destroy if your bag gets full etc.

Bottom Bar - adds an extra 24 slots just above the existing bottom bar. great for when you get higher-levelled and are running out of ability slots.

Left/Right Bar - Adds 6 extra slots to the left/right/both sides of your screen. I use the rightbar and keep stuff like cooking, leatherworking abilities up there etc.

Showlevel - Little addon that reveals the level of those with a skull in the space of the level.

AvgExp - Puts some text in your EXP bar that indicates your current exp, remaining, average and also works out how many kills left to level up.

MonkeyQuest - Handy quest tracker the sits anywhere on your UI and gives basic details about your quests, i.e. Wolf Meat 1/6, Take Crate to NPC X etc.

MonkeyClock - nice little clock that sits right at the top, centre of your screen. Can be set to show the CORRECT time :D

---------

Well, that's more than a few, but gives you an idea of the stuff that can be done!

It's all legal and Bliz welcome you to create your own mods,a lthough they don't endorse any of them. Don't like them? Just delete them from the Interface>Addons directory!

Enjoy
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:11
Regular
"hot cake!"
they dnt work for me wats wrong!

i wher install them where!?
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Look, I got enough to contemplate already...

:D

I'll have to check these out. Eventually.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:14
Regular
Please leave my thread, Coc.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:14
Regular
"hot cake!"
oh u need wow for them 2 work sry! lol!
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:46
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Aren't the increased bar ones like cheating?
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:51
Regular
Not really. It just means you don't have to be limited to a certain number of moves.

You should be able to have all the abilities you have learned, at your disposal, not forced to choose between them.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:51
Regular
In actual fact, Blizzard are releasing their own versions of the Bottombar and MonkeyQuest mods. Coming soon in a patch.
Tue 08/03/05 at 12:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
All abilities can be accessed anyway, it's just you have to go through the trouble of switching between bars to select different ones due to there not being enough space to fit them all on. As you could imagine, in the middle of a fight, switching between these can become a pain.

I was actually looking for that mod as well, I have to switch between three separate bars to select different special attacks, installing this mod will hopefully make things a little easier.
Tue 08/03/05 at 14:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ultimate UI is quite good, it combines all number of addons including the Gypsy shell. Atlas is very handy and servitude and shardtracker are a warlocks dream.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.