GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo/Sega."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/04/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Sega really understands what Nintendo is about and where we're headed. We've made progress in our relationship, and Sega plans to aggressively support Gamecube and Game Boy Advance with its software."

An interesting quote from Iron Fist himself, Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi.

This is why I get excited when people tell me that "Sega hasn't announced any games for the Gamecube..."

No.

Not yet.

But what can we expect? What can Sega suprise us with?

NiGHTS and Phantasy Star good enough for you?
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Sega really understands what Nintendo is about and where we're headed. We've made progress in our relationship, and Sega plans to aggressively support Gamecube and Game Boy Advance with its software."

An interesting quote from Iron Fist himself, Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi.

This is why I get excited when people tell me that "Sega hasn't announced any games for the Gamecube..."

No.

Not yet.

But what can we expect? What can Sega suprise us with?

NiGHTS and Phantasy Star good enough for you?
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sonic's Mario Adventure Kart
Lara Kiddie Racing
Pikachu Nights
Metropolis Street Kart Racer (with stabilisers)
Resident Pokemon
etc...
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:19
Regular
Oh yeah, and on a totally different subject, (Although it would be very nice if it was the same...)

This E3, over 750 games shall be shown to the public.

Oh... that all?

No.

These particular 750 games have never been seen by the public before.

Ah... I hear you say.

(I doubt ALL of them are going to be on the Gamecube, though.)

Ah well. Can only hope.
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:20
Regular
Do I really need to repeat myself FM?

NiGHTS and Phantasy Star.

On the Gamecube.

Thu 19/04/01 at 18:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sega are actually playing all the manufacturer's off against one another now. In their bid for world software domination, they've been praising the X-Box hardware with similar comments, and I suspect that we'll shortly see similar soundbites about the PS2.

In their bid to become the world's foremost software games developer, looks like Sega are trying to butter the bread on all 3 sides at once...
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:22
Regular
Sega have announced their games on the X-Box. And the PS2.

Why have they held back?

Because it's going to be a damn good suprise.

And here's a quote for you, FM.

INTERVIEWER: "So, what do you think of the X-Box?"

Sega PR: *laughs*
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Do I really need to repeat myself FM?

NiGHTS and Phantasy
> Star.

On the Gamecube.

PSO on the Gamecube? That's good news. Is it making an appearance on the ps2 by any chance?

Thu 19/04/01 at 18:27
Regular
I'm unsure of that M16. This is not common news, but the game is highly expected to either be announced properly at E3, or announced at a later date... (Spaceworld, then.)

Probably E3, but we'll see.
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
At Spaceworld/E3, there will probably be at least 100 games for Gamecube. Along with PHO etc, + the N64 classics, and new Nintendo games, there will be a lot of top quality software!
Thu 19/04/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Cheers, Grix. I am not too bothered as to which console is comes on, either Gamecube or PS2.

Think we will see Jet Set Radio on Gamecube/PS2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.