GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life is it planned?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/05/04 at 20:34
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Do you think life is meant to happen one way?

Are we meant to live and do something that was already planned out?

"Does the walker choose the path, or the path choose the walker."

Your views!
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Suppose the future is predetermined. Every single action that you or anyone else will take is unavoidable.

There would be no freedom of choice, merely the illusion of it. If you were destined for greatness, you would achieve it. Not that it would happen regardles of effort. You might be destined to put your life's effort into something, or you might not. You don't get to choose. You just think you do.

And why shouldn't this make sense?
What is consciousness? Your mind is no more than an incredibly complex combination of chemicals, tissue, and electrical signals. Given the exact same conditions, would you make the same choice over again? Of course you would. You have no more choice over your actions than does a computer.

Chaos theory would suggest that it's impossible ever to know the conditions to any real world problem in enough details to make such predictions, but the principal is still there. Perhaps the only real 'randomness' comes from quantum effects. Are they fated? Are all types of quantum phenomonen predestined to happen in a certain way? If so, the future is already mapped out unavoidably.

He who controls quantum phenomena controls the universe.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So was Final Destination 1.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:48
Regular
"hi everybody"
anyone else seen final destination 2? thats about destiny
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:58
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
You know, if fate does exist, then it would determine whether a human would discover if fate exists 'itself' or not.
Sun 23/05/04 at 19:47
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I don't believe free will exists, therefore I believe that what happens can not happen in any other way.
Sun 23/05/04 at 12:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Crisps?
Sun 23/05/04 at 08:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path choose the walker?"

-

I would say - both.
There's a subtle difference between free-will and free-choice.
Choosing A, B, or C/X, Y or Z is one thing (free-choice), but choosing who you are and who you will be (free-will) is another thing altogether.

Can the boy with no co-ordination become a great footballer? - No.

We can choose what we do, but we can't change what we are destined for.
Sun 23/05/04 at 04:02
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Very_Metal wrote:
> if life is pre-determined then remind me to have serious words with
> whoever laid this bad boy out for me! ;)

Fu**ing right !!!
Sun 23/05/04 at 01:44
Regular
"you've got a beard"
if life is pre-determined then remind me to have serious words with whoever laid this bad boy out for me! ;)
Sun 23/05/04 at 00:46
Regular
Neither. The path doesn't choose you because you are free to make up your mind, hence decisions and choices. You don't choose the path because others have their own choices which can affect you, that's why nobody knows when he's going to be killed, if they had choice about this specific matter, they would choose being immportal. The truth is that the path is already written but yet, it is not an obligation, and don't get me wrong, I don't mean that you can choose not to take the path. I meant that the your choices are already known, and yet they are yours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.