GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UPCOMING FUN (11th - 2nd + a bit more)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/03/05 at 02:56
Regular
"8==="
\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\

---------------------------------------------------

11th

Project Snowblind - Everyone but GamesTM seems to like this fast paced FPS based upon the Deus Ex engine but with an approach that drops you straight into a warzone and doesn't let up, plenty of futuristic gadgets to muck around with, teammates to save (if you don't save them you get a Cannon Fodder-like procession of dead soldiers names at the end of the game). 16 players on live too.

18th

Brothers in Arms - Ubisofts WW2 tactical FPS.

24th

The Punisher - Max Payne with stylised executions, pretend you're a Guantanamo bay guard gone (more) psycho.

25th

TimeSplitters Future Perfect - Should finally show Unreal how to make a fast paced FPS with blistering multiplayer + Mapmaker + monkeys.

Jade Empire - Could make KOTOR look like a three legged dog. More gore, better fighting less Star Wars guff. Sounds great.

Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball (Budget) - Could be fun. Live play.

Close Combat: First to fight - Play as the american military (I'm assuming your AI buddies accidentally shoot you a lot then)

CT: Special Forces (Fire for Effect) (Budget) - Made in a year!? Fast turn around seems like the team have thrown everything they have into the mix. Looking very interesting.

1st

Rainbow Six: Lockdown - Who's the daddy!?

Splinter Cell 3 - Actually I might be the daddy y'know!

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - I'll be the little girly sister with fog.

The Bard's Tale - I'll try to cop off with the little sister because I'm perverted.

2nd

Wrestlemania - I fancy the daddy because I'm full of big gay wrestlers.

Onwards

Doom 3 - RAARGH! Miaow.

Unreal Championship 2 - Third Person!!! Are you mad? Mabye not.

\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
Sun 20/03/05 at 22:44
Regular
Yup.

Pandorra wasn't even made by the original Splinter Cell team. Once Splinter Cell was finished they got to work on Chaos Theory, Pandorra was sort of a hold over until the real sequel comes out.

No more is it the linear borefest that Pandorra was. Multiple routes through levels, absoloutly stunning AI and the best damn graphics you're likely to see this generation.

Oh and the icing on the cake? you now have a knife to stab people...oh and you can hang upside down from bars and snap peoples necks. There's also a co-op mode which is looking truely awesome, you can play that offline so that's a massive plus.

Game of the year in my mind until Zelda comes along or I play Resi 4.
Sun 20/03/05 at 22:33
Regular
Ah, so they've actually focused on single player this time around? Shall take a look on IGN.

My XBox is a little dead without Live, only a few offline titles that look any good really.
Sun 20/03/05 at 22:22
Regular
Oh and Live's been boring for a long time really, it'll be excellent once again though when Splinter Cell comes out.
Sun 20/03/05 at 22:21
Regular
Pandorra Tomorrow's single player compared to Chaos Theory would be like Pong VS Ocarina of Time. Pandorra was incredibly boring, where as one the one level demo of Chaos Theory makes me sexy time explosion everytime I play it. The game's so far advanced since the days of Pandorra, it's like a totally different franchise.

Oh and I'm flogging my Xbox mainly because I'm thinking about buying a PC very soon so I doubt I'd have much time or money to spend on it. I will keep it though for a while yet to play Chaos Theory and maybe Jade Empire. I'll probably be flogging it in time to pick up a Cube in preperation for what will be the game of this generation, ZELDA!
Sun 20/03/05 at 22:07
Regular
How come you're getting rid of your XBox, Live finally boring?

As for Chaos Theory, still have a half-finished Pandora Tomorrow that's been unplayed for some time, don't think I'll bother getting it.
Sun 20/03/05 at 21:59
Regular
Splinter Cell date is all you should care about.

Jade Empire looks good though I must admit, I might pick that up before I rid myself of the Xbox.
Sun 20/03/05 at 21:48
Regular
Hm. Jade Empire.

When's Conker out?
Sat 19/03/05 at 19:51
Regular
"8==="
OOOOH NOT LONG!
Thu 10/03/05 at 13:15
Regular
I know, but I couldn't find that anywhere*

*on the high street, couldn't be assed with online
Thu 10/03/05 at 13:02
Regular
Dynasty Warriors 4 on Xbox smacks 3 in the face with an ancient Chinease truncheon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.