GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"www.skipwortharms.com"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/05/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Nobody Home"
www.skipwortharms.com

What do you all think? The news and contact pages are not yet done, as I am currently coding the PHP for them, but the HTML Pages are done.

I am espescially interested in hearing people who use other browsers other than IE and with an 800x600 screen res. And, most importantly, load times in seconds for each page from 56kers.

Thanks in advance.
Dan.
Fri 21/05/04 at 22:53
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Cos, in every practise, I never fail to get less than A*, even when I do cr*p.

/me ignores the immature "Adults"
Fri 21/05/04 at 19:19
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Don't you just love kiddies!;)
Fri 21/05/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Digging!"
danieldone wrote:
> does any1 type propa on forums, etc? I am getting 2xA*s in my GCSEs, I
> think that kinda shows someit dunnit.

Firstly, how do you know, and secondly, I was joking, but nevermind... I mean I know I'm getting 1 A* at least because I've already got it (I did Stats a year early), but I don't know how you can know for definite with exams you haven't taken..
Fri 21/05/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Nobody Home"
does any1 type propa on forums, etc? I am getting 2xA*s in my GCSEs, I think that kinda shows someit dunnit.

Now, leave this thread alone, its served its purpose and its probly gonna turn into a slagging match.
Fri 21/05/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Digging!"
danieldone wrote:
> At least I can read.
>
> Besides, designing websites don't(doesn't) get me know(nowhere) where near as much as
> building PCs, and thats more fun at least.

You can read, but can you type in proper English grammar?
Fri 21/05/04 at 08:22
Regular
"Nobody Home"
FOR .... SAKE! At least I can read. I am 16, I have GCSEs @ the moment, I created this entire thing very fast. I dont have time to code it properly. Its being given to an external web developer to brush it into shape. How many bloomin times do I have to say it?

Besides, designing websites doesn't get me nowhere near as much as building PCs, and thats more fun at least.

Now, shut up.
Thu 20/05/04 at 20:48
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
danieldone wrote:
> Look, lets face it anyway. How many people who look at the site are
> gonna look at the code? No one! Your only looking @ it to evaluate,
> but it has no real affect on customers does it.

I pity your arrogance. I really hope your not going to try and make a career out of this! Delivery of a site is ALL about code, without it, you'd get know where. You have no knowledage of user experience, usability nor the basic grasp of creating a website.

Return to your bedroom, and please, stay there.
Thu 20/05/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Look, lets face it anyway. How many people who look at the site are gonna look at the code? No one! Your only looking @ it to evaluate, but it has no real affect on customers does it.
Thu 20/05/04 at 19:45
Regular
"Nobody Home"
cos im a lazy b*****d who doesnt care and a designer, not a coder.

The txt in the images dont matter, cos the text is hidden at the bottom of every page anyway. Very crude method, but it works.
Thu 20/05/04 at 19:17
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
danieldone wrote:
> he he, leave me alone.
>
> You can blame me for your crappy 1mb connection anyway. It takes 4
> seconds on my 512, it takes 33seconds on 28.8k over in Russia :p.

Re tried it, NTL have been load balancing, but now they've sorted that out, 2.7 secs on 1Mb.

> I asked someone on 56k and they sey it takes about 15-20seconds per
> page.

Thats really bad

> Besides, I asked what people thought of the site, not the code. Code
> can be corrected, but I put this all together in a rush. Those 4
> pages took me no more than an hour.

It shows it

Aesthetically, it's nice, but there's more to life than pretty pictures, the code is just as important as the presentation. Effectively all you have done is knocked it up in Fireworks/Imageready as exported as it is.

Text in images is down right stupid, how do you expect that to index in google? The HTML is bloody awful, and there's tags in there that are depricated.

The whole idea of learning to design wesites is to master the code behind it, thats the only way you'll ever got work in this industry, all you site demonstrates is a total lack of understanding apart from image > slice > export HTML!;)

If you wanted just feed back on the design, you should have just posted static JPEG's, you've opened yourself up for further critisism but allowing access to the code. Indeed code can be corrrected, but why not learn how to do it properly first time around?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.