GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Friends Final Day - 6 hours of Friends on C4 alone in 1 day?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/05/04 at 18:40
Regular
Two weeks from today Channel 4 will be showing the final episode of Friends. To go out with a bang, C4 are planning to show a record 12 episodes in one day. "sounds like a normal C4 day to me" some might say. Just incase that wasn't enough Friends for you, E4 have gone one further and are going to bless all you Friends fans with a Friends "classic" (repeat to you and me) episode on the hour, EVERY hour.

The day also marks the start of Big Brother 5, so that means lots more "quality" C4 programming for the rest of the summer.

Although I have been a fan of the series Friends since the beginning and despite having already seen the final episode, I will tune in to see it on C4, but I really do think it's a bit much. C4 is a terrastrial channel that you would expect to cater the viewing interests of everyone. It seems there answer to everything is Friends, when they axed Rise they replaced it with Friends, when they moved Fit Club because of it's low ratings, they replaced it with Friends. Are they so limited with their programming catalog that they only have 10 seasons of Friends to offer the British viewing public? I know I can always not bother watching C4 and E4 on the day, but seriously it does deserve a rant even if I do enjoy the series (although I really didnt enjoy the final season)

I'm curious to know how C4 will mark the end of Frasier, I don't think I've seen any ads advertising the final series of Frasier which is a shame as it's such a great series.

To replace the Friends friday time slot (dont get your hopes up they'll still show Friends "classics" on C4/T4/E4) The Simpsons will be shown at 9pm and the recently snapped up Friends spinoff "Joey" is expected to get the 9:30pm slot.

I think I'll watch some TV now, ah look at that a Friends episode on C4, I should have saw that coming.
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh. My. God.

I can have said that in a Janice voice if it helps.

I do however know what happens. It's very cheesy.
Sat 15/05/04 at 11:22
Regular
It has to be a lie...

Nothing adds up. Why would Ross go to Paris without Rachel? Why would Joey be gay and living with Rachel, when he's got his own, solo series coming up? And I seriously doubt Monica would die - it's supposed to be a light hearted sitcom!

She must have just made it up to watch us squirm...
Sat 15/05/04 at 00:14
"I love yo... lamp."
Not only is it a terrestrial station, it's a government owned one. Just commercially run.
Sat 15/05/04 at 00:10
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
She better be, or I won't be happy. If that's a spoiler, I'll cry.
:(
Sat 15/05/04 at 00:00
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Monica dies. Joey comes out. Pheobe is pregnant. Chandler cries. Ross
> goes to Paris. Rachel moves in with Joey..again.

You lie!
Fri 14/05/04 at 22:58
"period drama"
Don't we get about 8 hours a day anyway?
Fri 14/05/04 at 22:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Seen the American TV version and the DVD version. DVD version has a few extra scenes which are funny.
Fri 14/05/04 at 20:13
Regular
*Holds her season finale DVD*

Monica dies. Joey comes out. Pheobe is pregnant. Chandler cries. Ross goes to Paris. Rachel moves in with Joey..again.
Fri 14/05/04 at 18:50
Regular
Frineds in the morinnig is a definate plus.
Rise was crap.

And it's a one off, they show us enough fitness programs, house changing, reality crap, I'd rather watch friends all day than the crap that's on for the rest of the day.
Fri 14/05/04 at 18:40
Regular
Two weeks from today Channel 4 will be showing the final episode of Friends. To go out with a bang, C4 are planning to show a record 12 episodes in one day. "sounds like a normal C4 day to me" some might say. Just incase that wasn't enough Friends for you, E4 have gone one further and are going to bless all you Friends fans with a Friends "classic" (repeat to you and me) episode on the hour, EVERY hour.

The day also marks the start of Big Brother 5, so that means lots more "quality" C4 programming for the rest of the summer.

Although I have been a fan of the series Friends since the beginning and despite having already seen the final episode, I will tune in to see it on C4, but I really do think it's a bit much. C4 is a terrastrial channel that you would expect to cater the viewing interests of everyone. It seems there answer to everything is Friends, when they axed Rise they replaced it with Friends, when they moved Fit Club because of it's low ratings, they replaced it with Friends. Are they so limited with their programming catalog that they only have 10 seasons of Friends to offer the British viewing public? I know I can always not bother watching C4 and E4 on the day, but seriously it does deserve a rant even if I do enjoy the series (although I really didnt enjoy the final season)

I'm curious to know how C4 will mark the end of Frasier, I don't think I've seen any ads advertising the final series of Frasier which is a shame as it's such a great series.

To replace the Friends friday time slot (dont get your hopes up they'll still show Friends "classics" on C4/T4/E4) The Simpsons will be shown at 9pm and the recently snapped up Friends spinoff "Joey" is expected to get the 9:30pm slot.

I think I'll watch some TV now, ah look at that a Friends episode on C4, I should have saw that coming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.