GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shut Up. Be Happy."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Western soldiers torture Iraqis.
Iraqis kill Western Soldiers.
Western Soldiers kills Iraqis.
And so on so forth.
Just remember that we "won" this phony war last year. Rejoice that all is well and the smiling Iraqis welcome our heroic conque - sorry - liberators.
Hell, they even tore down that monolithic statue of Hussein in a spontaneous celebration of being free...well, ok, it was stage managed by the media (as was the classic flag-raising at Iwo Jima) but that's not the point is it, you cynical communist terrorist lover?

I'd still like to know where Saddam Hussein is in all this.
For such an "Evil Hitler", there seems to be zero interest in what's happened to that "vile, despicable murdering tyrant"
He's vanished, with a tacit agreement to never ever mention his current state in the media.
But I get a sneaking suspicion he'll be wheeled out just in time for the elections, especially with public opinion swinging away from support and to "just get these guys home please".

The invasion was launched on lies and deliberately false information concerning non-existent WOMD (almost a year later and nothing still, despite all concerned being in captivity, you'd think with the amount of anti-military/government/invasion feeling they'd show a couple to say "See? Now go back to soap operas" eh?).
And since the "liberation", there has been nothing but trouble. Bombs going off, soldiers & civilians being killed, acknowledged torture and possible murder of prisoners in captivity.
I'd say, purely as a propaganda coup for the idiot fundamentalist terror groups, we've handed them a world-stage of attention.

And don't fall for the idiotic Daily Mail type argument of "Well in the heat of battle, emotions run high" as an excuse. These weren't soldiers being tortured, these were people in captivity. Held in jail, unable to do anything except be tortured, humiliated and possibly murdered (depends which news source you listen to on that last point).
Before anybody tries to defend/justify the treatment of these prisoners, remember the absolute outcry and fury from the Western press when those two downed pilots were shown beaten and bloody as hostage in the last war.
Where's the difference? Except those pilots were enemy combatants in a time of war. These Iraqis are prisoners being held after the "victory in freeing Iraq".
The torture and beating of prisoners is wrong, whatever your colour/religion. You can't excuse it with rhetoric and nationalistic pleas for leniency because these soldiers have been having a hard time and wanted revenge - or whatever the hell reasons are being offered.

And with all this current hostility and anti-government feeling building with the British public towards those genuine photographs and rising resentment that "our boys" are dying months after we "won"?

Keep your eyes peeled for yet another media blitz from Blair warning about "IMMINENT RICIN TANKS AT HEATHROW FERTILISER FOILED!!!!!" narrowly avoided terrordeathkill plot to whip us back up into a "Dirty bloody Arab Immigrant" frenzy.
It's with a weary sigh that I hope I'm wrong on that point, because it's happened each and every time we've begun to question what the point of the invasion was.
So inbetween soap opera awards and scare stories about the brown tidal wave of immigrants coming to live in your house and do bumsex to your decent white family, our "heroic police/army" will foil/expose/avert some nefarious evil plot to do some vague nasty in our green and pleasant land.

The scary thing is, with Hussein "gone" and Bin Laden "ineffectual", I wonder who the next bogeyman will be to keep us timid and frightened of each other instead of realising that we all share this planet and we all want the same things.
North Korea? Nope, because they could actually kick our ass.
China? Nope, for the reasons above.
What this world needs is a really good villain to justify those billions of pounds in weapons sales and every-inscreasingly fascist laws to "protect us" from "them".
Identity Cards to be carried at all times, and let's put your DNA on there. Because if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to be afraid of right?
Let's have CCTV everywhere for your protection. Because as we all know, having constant 24/7 surveillance has radically reduced the levels of street crime and drunken violence hasn't it?
Let's have all internal flights in the UK finish with your photograph being taken for "security purposes" (because many, many terrorists fly from Heathrow to Inverness with deadly killer stuff instead of just driving with a tiny, tiny millionth of a percentage of a chance of being pulled over)

Don't you feel safer and happier already?
I mean it's nice to know we're being looked after so well isn't it? And for those evil, vile criminals that consider leaving their road-tax a week or so until they get paid before reknewing, the commercial kindly informs you (with ominous low-resonance music) that the DVLC know where you live, what car you drive and exactly how long you have left on your tax.
I feel so reassured that I'll never be killed by terrorists with all this added security and comfort.

The only thing that's been left out of this Orwellian warm-hug from your government is the fact that nothing will stop somebody if they are determined to do damaged.
September 11th 2001 proved that.
A handful of fanatics armed with box-cutters - not missiles, not weapons of mass destruction, not violent games/Tarantino movies but box cutters - achieved what Hussein with his invisible magic WOMD had never ever done (ok, so he had no desire to attack the West but hey, he had a moustache and spoke different).

So shut up and be happy. Surrender the very essence of your being, the chemical components that make up your existence, in order to stave off some in-the-future possible tragedy.
Watch your idiot television shows that pump banal effluent into your homes, read your "OK! HI! CELEBGOSSWOW!" magazines and lust for the truly pointless and trivial.
Bury your heads in the sand and blindly trust that people who sell weapons to people they later declare as evil for using those weapons.
Believe the lies and horseshit fearmongering designed to keep you servile and meek, domesticated cattle that are considered too stupid to be told what's going on until years later.
Stay indoors and swallow the Mein-Kampf like ideals of the Daily Mail who want you to hate immigrants/single mothers/homosexuals.

Whatever you do, do not rub your eyes and refuse to be kept asleep anymore.
Over a million people marched in protest of this sham invasion, the largest ever public demonstration in our country's history.
And it was ignored and written off as "leftist"
And look where we are now.
It'll get a lot worse before it gets better, that I promise.

So kids, don't forget to keep watching for the inevitable "LOOK! TERRORISTS NEARLY KILLED YOU!!!!!!" reports to shame you into docile acceptance that we're doing the right thing.

Shut up.
Be Happy.
Be inside.
Be afraid.
Be intolerant.
Be pumped full of sedative entertainment.
Be good little citizens and don't question, because it's all far too complicated for you and me to understand and see through.
Thu 13/05/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Western soldiers torture Iraqis.
Iraqis kill Western Soldiers.
Western Soldiers kills Iraqis.
And so on so forth.
Just remember that we "won" this phony war last year. Rejoice that all is well and the smiling Iraqis welcome our heroic conque - sorry - liberators.
Hell, they even tore down that monolithic statue of Hussein in a spontaneous celebration of being free...well, ok, it was stage managed by the media (as was the classic flag-raising at Iwo Jima) but that's not the point is it, you cynical communist terrorist lover?

I'd still like to know where Saddam Hussein is in all this.
For such an "Evil Hitler", there seems to be zero interest in what's happened to that "vile, despicable murdering tyrant"
He's vanished, with a tacit agreement to never ever mention his current state in the media.
But I get a sneaking suspicion he'll be wheeled out just in time for the elections, especially with public opinion swinging away from support and to "just get these guys home please".

The invasion was launched on lies and deliberately false information concerning non-existent WOMD (almost a year later and nothing still, despite all concerned being in captivity, you'd think with the amount of anti-military/government/invasion feeling they'd show a couple to say "See? Now go back to soap operas" eh?).
And since the "liberation", there has been nothing but trouble. Bombs going off, soldiers & civilians being killed, acknowledged torture and possible murder of prisoners in captivity.
I'd say, purely as a propaganda coup for the idiot fundamentalist terror groups, we've handed them a world-stage of attention.

And don't fall for the idiotic Daily Mail type argument of "Well in the heat of battle, emotions run high" as an excuse. These weren't soldiers being tortured, these were people in captivity. Held in jail, unable to do anything except be tortured, humiliated and possibly murdered (depends which news source you listen to on that last point).
Before anybody tries to defend/justify the treatment of these prisoners, remember the absolute outcry and fury from the Western press when those two downed pilots were shown beaten and bloody as hostage in the last war.
Where's the difference? Except those pilots were enemy combatants in a time of war. These Iraqis are prisoners being held after the "victory in freeing Iraq".
The torture and beating of prisoners is wrong, whatever your colour/religion. You can't excuse it with rhetoric and nationalistic pleas for leniency because these soldiers have been having a hard time and wanted revenge - or whatever the hell reasons are being offered.

And with all this current hostility and anti-government feeling building with the British public towards those genuine photographs and rising resentment that "our boys" are dying months after we "won"?

Keep your eyes peeled for yet another media blitz from Blair warning about "IMMINENT RICIN TANKS AT HEATHROW FERTILISER FOILED!!!!!" narrowly avoided terrordeathkill plot to whip us back up into a "Dirty bloody Arab Immigrant" frenzy.
It's with a weary sigh that I hope I'm wrong on that point, because it's happened each and every time we've begun to question what the point of the invasion was.
So inbetween soap opera awards and scare stories about the brown tidal wave of immigrants coming to live in your house and do bumsex to your decent white family, our "heroic police/army" will foil/expose/avert some nefarious evil plot to do some vague nasty in our green and pleasant land.

The scary thing is, with Hussein "gone" and Bin Laden "ineffectual", I wonder who the next bogeyman will be to keep us timid and frightened of each other instead of realising that we all share this planet and we all want the same things.
North Korea? Nope, because they could actually kick our ass.
China? Nope, for the reasons above.
What this world needs is a really good villain to justify those billions of pounds in weapons sales and every-inscreasingly fascist laws to "protect us" from "them".
Identity Cards to be carried at all times, and let's put your DNA on there. Because if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to be afraid of right?
Let's have CCTV everywhere for your protection. Because as we all know, having constant 24/7 surveillance has radically reduced the levels of street crime and drunken violence hasn't it?
Let's have all internal flights in the UK finish with your photograph being taken for "security purposes" (because many, many terrorists fly from Heathrow to Inverness with deadly killer stuff instead of just driving with a tiny, tiny millionth of a percentage of a chance of being pulled over)

Don't you feel safer and happier already?
I mean it's nice to know we're being looked after so well isn't it? And for those evil, vile criminals that consider leaving their road-tax a week or so until they get paid before reknewing, the commercial kindly informs you (with ominous low-resonance music) that the DVLC know where you live, what car you drive and exactly how long you have left on your tax.
I feel so reassured that I'll never be killed by terrorists with all this added security and comfort.

The only thing that's been left out of this Orwellian warm-hug from your government is the fact that nothing will stop somebody if they are determined to do damaged.
September 11th 2001 proved that.
A handful of fanatics armed with box-cutters - not missiles, not weapons of mass destruction, not violent games/Tarantino movies but box cutters - achieved what Hussein with his invisible magic WOMD had never ever done (ok, so he had no desire to attack the West but hey, he had a moustache and spoke different).

So shut up and be happy. Surrender the very essence of your being, the chemical components that make up your existence, in order to stave off some in-the-future possible tragedy.
Watch your idiot television shows that pump banal effluent into your homes, read your "OK! HI! CELEBGOSSWOW!" magazines and lust for the truly pointless and trivial.
Bury your heads in the sand and blindly trust that people who sell weapons to people they later declare as evil for using those weapons.
Believe the lies and horseshit fearmongering designed to keep you servile and meek, domesticated cattle that are considered too stupid to be told what's going on until years later.
Stay indoors and swallow the Mein-Kampf like ideals of the Daily Mail who want you to hate immigrants/single mothers/homosexuals.

Whatever you do, do not rub your eyes and refuse to be kept asleep anymore.
Over a million people marched in protest of this sham invasion, the largest ever public demonstration in our country's history.
And it was ignored and written off as "leftist"
And look where we are now.
It'll get a lot worse before it gets better, that I promise.

So kids, don't forget to keep watching for the inevitable "LOOK! TERRORISTS NEARLY KILLED YOU!!!!!!" reports to shame you into docile acceptance that we're doing the right thing.

Shut up.
Be Happy.
Be inside.
Be afraid.
Be intolerant.
Be pumped full of sedative entertainment.
Be good little citizens and don't question, because it's all far too complicated for you and me to understand and see through.
Thu 13/05/04 at 08:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I can't say anything on that magnificent post apart from: -

*Applause*
Thu 13/05/04 at 08:24
"Darkness, always"
Didn't you know? Saddam is being handed back to the Iraqis for trial. They haven't developed any charges for him yet though.
Thu 13/05/04 at 08:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Didn't you know? Saddam is being handed back to the Iraqis for trial.
> They haven't developed any charges for him yet though.

Damn. Where have you been? Long time no see.
Thu 13/05/04 at 08:27
"Darkness, always"
People keep asking me that.

I've been right here.
Thu 13/05/04 at 08:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Nice one. Enjoyable read.

IB; please tell me you're not FF. I'd be sooo....well, amused. But disappointed too.
Thu 13/05/04 at 09:38
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Goatboy wrote:
> Western soldiers torture Iraqis.
> Iraqis kill Western Soldiers.
> Western Soldiers kills Iraqis.
> And so on so forth.
> Just remember that we "won" this phony war last year.
> Rejoice that all is well and the smiling Iraqis welcome our heroic
> conque - sorry - liberators.
> Hell, they even tore down that monolithic statue of Hussein in a
> spontaneous celebration of being free...well, ok, it was stage
> managed by the media (as was the classic flag-raising at Iwo Jima)
> but that's not the point is it, you cynical communist terrorist
> lover?

How was it stage mannaged by the media? Were there directors off shot saying, 'ok, and just one more time'? I think not.

> I'd still like to know where Saddam Hussein is in all this.
> For such an "Evil Hitler", there seems to be zero interest
> in what's happened to that "vile, despicable murdering
> tyrant"
> He's vanished, with a tacit agreement to never ever mention his
> current state in the media.
> But I get a sneaking suspicion he'll be wheeled out just in time for
> the elections, especially with public opinion swinging away from
> support and to "just get these guys home please".

He may be zero interest by the media, but that doesn't mean there's zero interest elsewhere. After all, there are lots of things the media ignore. Anybody with sense would know that just because it isn't in the media, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

> The invasion was launched on lies and deliberately false information
> concerning non-existent WOMD (almost a year later and nothing still,
> despite all concerned being in captivity, you'd think with the amount
> of anti-military/government/invasion feeling they'd show a couple to
> say "See? Now go back to soap operas" eh?).

If the information was deliberately falsified, why hasn't Parliament spoke up yet? By that i mean the two seperate Parliamentry inquiries into the war.
And didn't you hear David Kay's report. He, before the war, saw all the intelligence, and it did look like WMD did exist. So what were the politicians to do? Ignore their intel?

> And since the "liberation", there has been nothing but
> trouble. Bombs going off, soldiers & civilians being killed,
> acknowledged torture and possible murder of prisoners in captivity.
> I'd say, purely as a propaganda coup for the idiot fundamentalist
> terror groups, we've handed them a world-stage of attention.

Nothing but trouble? There is good going on in Iraq you know. The media might not show it, because they believe its boring, but things like work in schools, the infastructure of the country(roads), electricity, water etc, massive improvements have been made there over the year.

> And don't fall for the idiotic Daily Mail type argument of "Well
> in the heat of battle, emotions run high" as an excuse. These
> weren't soldiers being tortured, these were people in captivity. Held
> in jail, unable to do anything except be tortured, humiliated and
> possibly murdered (depends which news source you listen to on that
> last point).

And nobody is saying its right. The first of the court martials is soon, next week i think. And its in public.

> Before anybody tries to defend/justify the treatment of these
> prisoners, remember the absolute outcry and fury from the Western
> press when those two downed pilots were shown beaten and bloody as
> hostage in the last war.

Has anybody? No. Everybody, including the military higher ups have condemed these actions.

> The torture and beating of prisoners is wrong, whatever your
> colour/religion. You can't excuse it with rhetoric and nationalistic
> pleas for leniency because these soldiers have been having a hard
> time and wanted revenge - or whatever the hell reasons are being
> offered.

No reasons are being offered. No justification has been offered, as everybody knows there is none. As i said, there are court martials for those involved.

> Keep your eyes peeled for yet another media blitz from Blair warning
> about "IMMINENT RICIN TANKS AT HEATHROW FERTILISER
> FOILED!!!!!" narrowly avoided terrordeathkill plot to whip us
> back up into a "Dirty bloody Arab Immigrant" frenzy.

What, so the UK isn't under threat from terrorism then? Perhaps you should tell MI5 that, as they seem to disagree.

> It's with a weary sigh that I hope I'm wrong on that point, because
> it's happened each and every time we've begun to question what the
> point of the invasion was.

Interesting point, same one as brought up on Question Time a few weeks ago? So, i assume you have some proof that the Government is passing orders on to the relevant agiencies telling them to conveniently foil a major terrorist plot. I mean, with all the people involved, if that were the case, somebody must have leaked some sort of document saying its all a plot to divert attention. Does anybody have any proof what so ever, or is this just Clair Short type allegations with no proof?

> So inbetween soap opera awards and scare stories about the brown
> tidal wave of immigrants coming to live in your house and do bumsex
> to your decent white family, our "heroic police/army" will
> foil/expose/avert some nefarious evil plot to do some vague nasty in
> our green and pleasant land.

Who is saying that about immigrants, the media are, and the Tories, but it sure as $hit ain't the Government.

> The only thing that's been left out of this Orwellian warm-hug from
> your government is the fact that nothing will stop somebody if
> they are determined to do damaged.
> September 11th 2001 proved that.
> A handful of fanatics armed with box-cutters - not missiles, not
> weapons of mass destruction, not violent games/Tarantino movies but
> box cutters - achieved what Hussein with his invisible magic WOMD had
> never ever done (ok, so he had no desire to attack the West but hey,
> he had a moustache and spoke different).

But suppose Saddam had developed WMD, as the intel showed, there was a good chance of that going into the hands of terrorists.
And your right, if they really want to attack, they will, but does that mean we should do nothing to stop them, i hope not!

> So shut up and be happy. Surrender the very essence of your being,
> the chemical components that make up your existence, in order to
> stave off some in-the-future possible tragedy.

Thats the most extreme end of synical though. After all, there is a terrorist threat, 9/11, Bali, Madrid etc... What should we do, carry on as though there was no threat? Make no changes to make terrorism just that little bit harder?

> Bury your heads in the sand and blindly trust that people who sell
> weapons to people they later declare as evil for using those
> weapons.

Urm, it wasn't this Government that sold those weapons.

> Believe the lies and horseshit fearmongering designed to keep you
> servile and meek, domesticated cattle that are considered too stupid
> to be told what's going on until years later.
> Stay indoors and swallow the Mein-Kampf like ideals of the Daily Mail
> who want you to hate immigrants/single mothers/homosexuals.

Well those are just typical right-wing views. If you don't like them, vote Labour.

> Whatever you do, do not rub your eyes and refuse to be kept asleep
> anymore.
> Over a million people marched in protest of this sham invasion, the
> largest ever public demonstration in our country's history.
> And it was ignored and written off as "leftist"
> And look where we are now.
> It'll get a lot worse before it gets better, that I promise.

So, are Governments to rule by concensus? The Government listened to those protestes, thats why they fumbled about with the UN for ages.

> So kids, don't forget to keep watching for the inevitable "LOOK!
> TERRORISTS NEARLY KILLED YOU!!!!!!" reports to shame you into
> docile acceptance that we're doing the right thing.

So why is it that every time MI6 foils somethin', it isn't screamed from the rooftops.

> Shut up.
> Be Happy.
> Be inside.
> Be afraid.
> Be intolerant.
> Be pumped full of sedative entertainment.
> Be good little citizens and don't question, because it's all far too
> complicated for you and me to understand and see through.

The only people that do scare mongering is the Media. The things you have a go at are typical right wing ideas, and the medias fault. I know things Iraq look like $hit at the moment, but its better than it was.
Thu 13/05/04 at 09:45
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
More applause from this end.
Thu 13/05/04 at 10:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Skarra wrote:

>Lots of stuff.

Sorry Skarra, but that reads like the nitpicking sophistry of a blairite apologist. As far as I can tell, Goatboy is saying that the media are just as much to blame for all the scaremongering, so why are you saying "Blame the media!". Wasn't this government that sold the weapons to Iraq? Oh...so all those weapons we're currently selling to Indonesia (to pick an oppressive, authoritarian country at random), that's okay then? And the WMD point...look, I know you're very much pro government and you have faith in them doing the right thing, but the fact that there is precisely no evidence whatsoever of any WMD (and yeah, i know there has been the occasional "See this secret lab!" story; the reason those stories are never mentioned again is cos they're rapidly discredited) a full year on sorta indicates that the government are, quite simply, lying.

Look, I like you and I like the way you put arguments together. But this one was very visibly "Start with the assumption the government is right, and look for evidence accordingly". Try looking at the whole situation without holding onto the insistence that Labour can do no wrong, and you'll see that something stinks.
Thu 13/05/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think Goatboy should be Prime Minister

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.