GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shut Up. Be Happy."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Western soldiers torture Iraqis.
Iraqis kill Western Soldiers.
Western Soldiers kills Iraqis.
And so on so forth.
Just remember that we "won" this phony war last year. Rejoice that all is well and the smiling Iraqis welcome our heroic conque - sorry - liberators.
Hell, they even tore down that monolithic statue of Hussein in a spontaneous celebration of being free...well, ok, it was stage managed by the media (as was the classic flag-raising at Iwo Jima) but that's not the point is it, you cynical communist terrorist lover?

I'd still like to know where Saddam Hussein is in all this.
For such an "Evil Hitler", there seems to be zero interest in what's happened to that "vile, despicable murdering tyrant"
He's vanished, with a tacit agreement to never ever mention his current state in the media.
But I get a sneaking suspicion he'll be wheeled out just in time for the elections, especially with public opinion swinging away from support and to "just get these guys home please".

The invasion was launched on lies and deliberately false information concerning non-existent WOMD (almost a year later and nothing still, despite all concerned being in captivity, you'd think with the amount of anti-military/government/invasion feeling they'd show a couple to say "See? Now go back to soap operas" eh?).
And since the "liberation", there has been nothing but trouble. Bombs going off, soldiers & civilians being killed, acknowledged torture and possible murder of prisoners in captivity.
I'd say, purely as a propaganda coup for the idiot fundamentalist terror groups, we've handed them a world-stage of attention.

And don't fall for the idiotic Daily Mail type argument of "Well in the heat of battle, emotions run high" as an excuse. These weren't soldiers being tortured, these were people in captivity. Held in jail, unable to do anything except be tortured, humiliated and possibly murdered (depends which news source you listen to on that last point).
Before anybody tries to defend/justify the treatment of these prisoners, remember the absolute outcry and fury from the Western press when those two downed pilots were shown beaten and bloody as hostage in the last war.
Where's the difference? Except those pilots were enemy combatants in a time of war. These Iraqis are prisoners being held after the "victory in freeing Iraq".
The torture and beating of prisoners is wrong, whatever your colour/religion. You can't excuse it with rhetoric and nationalistic pleas for leniency because these soldiers have been having a hard time and wanted revenge - or whatever the hell reasons are being offered.

And with all this current hostility and anti-government feeling building with the British public towards those genuine photographs and rising resentment that "our boys" are dying months after we "won"?

Keep your eyes peeled for yet another media blitz from Blair warning about "IMMINENT RICIN TANKS AT HEATHROW FERTILISER FOILED!!!!!" narrowly avoided terrordeathkill plot to whip us back up into a "Dirty bloody Arab Immigrant" frenzy.
It's with a weary sigh that I hope I'm wrong on that point, because it's happened each and every time we've begun to question what the point of the invasion was.
So inbetween soap opera awards and scare stories about the brown tidal wave of immigrants coming to live in your house and do bumsex to your decent white family, our "heroic police/army" will foil/expose/avert some nefarious evil plot to do some vague nasty in our green and pleasant land.

The scary thing is, with Hussein "gone" and Bin Laden "ineffectual", I wonder who the next bogeyman will be to keep us timid and frightened of each other instead of realising that we all share this planet and we all want the same things.
North Korea? Nope, because they could actually kick our ass.
China? Nope, for the reasons above.
What this world needs is a really good villain to justify those billions of pounds in weapons sales and every-inscreasingly fascist laws to "protect us" from "them".
Identity Cards to be carried at all times, and let's put your DNA on there. Because if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to be afraid of right?
Let's have CCTV everywhere for your protection. Because as we all know, having constant 24/7 surveillance has radically reduced the levels of street crime and drunken violence hasn't it?
Let's have all internal flights in the UK finish with your photograph being taken for "security purposes" (because many, many terrorists fly from Heathrow to Inverness with deadly killer stuff instead of just driving with a tiny, tiny millionth of a percentage of a chance of being pulled over)

Don't you feel safer and happier already?
I mean it's nice to know we're being looked after so well isn't it? And for those evil, vile criminals that consider leaving their road-tax a week or so until they get paid before reknewing, the commercial kindly informs you (with ominous low-resonance music) that the DVLC know where you live, what car you drive and exactly how long you have left on your tax.
I feel so reassured that I'll never be killed by terrorists with all this added security and comfort.

The only thing that's been left out of this Orwellian warm-hug from your government is the fact that nothing will stop somebody if they are determined to do damaged.
September 11th 2001 proved that.
A handful of fanatics armed with box-cutters - not missiles, not weapons of mass destruction, not violent games/Tarantino movies but box cutters - achieved what Hussein with his invisible magic WOMD had never ever done (ok, so he had no desire to attack the West but hey, he had a moustache and spoke different).

So shut up and be happy. Surrender the very essence of your being, the chemical components that make up your existence, in order to stave off some in-the-future possible tragedy.
Watch your idiot television shows that pump banal effluent into your homes, read your "OK! HI! CELEBGOSSWOW!" magazines and lust for the truly pointless and trivial.
Bury your heads in the sand and blindly trust that people who sell weapons to people they later declare as evil for using those weapons.
Believe the lies and horseshit fearmongering designed to keep you servile and meek, domesticated cattle that are considered too stupid to be told what's going on until years later.
Stay indoors and swallow the Mein-Kampf like ideals of the Daily Mail who want you to hate immigrants/single mothers/homosexuals.

Whatever you do, do not rub your eyes and refuse to be kept asleep anymore.
Over a million people marched in protest of this sham invasion, the largest ever public demonstration in our country's history.
And it was ignored and written off as "leftist"
And look where we are now.
It'll get a lot worse before it gets better, that I promise.

So kids, don't forget to keep watching for the inevitable "LOOK! TERRORISTS NEARLY KILLED YOU!!!!!!" reports to shame you into docile acceptance that we're doing the right thing.

Shut up.
Be Happy.
Be inside.
Be afraid.
Be intolerant.
Be pumped full of sedative entertainment.
Be good little citizens and don't question, because it's all far too complicated for you and me to understand and see through.
Fri 14/05/04 at 14:38
Regular
"8==="
Skarra wrote:
>
> No, i believe you are refering to the Hutton report.

That was one, but there was another, which also failed to address the main questions.
Thu 13/05/04 at 21:59
Regular
the media runs the world these days, and it seems that most of the media are blood hungry racists, dead set on seeing us tear ourselves apart, if not through direct war, then through paranoia and fear.

they have too much power, this brainwashing and blatant racist propoganda needs to be stopped.

America is one big bully, I hear they are threatening Syria now. Well why not, after all 'disarming' Iraq worked a treat, didn't it?
Thu 13/05/04 at 20:56
Regular
Skarra wrote:
> I might add, has anybody provided any hard evidence that the
> Government lied, not to my knowledge.

The 45 minutes thing - Blair claims he didn't know that it only applied to weapons to be deployed on the battlefield. He says he thought it applied to WMDs with international capabilites.
If true, he hadn't even looked into the basic intelligence.

And if he thought Saddam had WMDs which could attack other countries within 45 minutes notice, that would have been at the heart of intelligence on WMDs, one of the most important things about Saddam's military capability.

He claims he didn't know the fundamentals what his most important 'proof' said, he must have taken the biggest decision of his life purely on faith, without doing even the most basic research into the

If he took the country to war on the basis of intelligence he hadn't even looked into, that shows immense incompetence on his part, but that's what he claims he's done.

Either he's grossly incompetent in the most horrible sense (and I don't believe he's a retard, just a b**tard) or he lied to us.

Given that he's probably not an idiot, that has to be strong, strong evidence that he lied to us.

Also, look at foundation hospitals and tuition fees - he uses technicalities to claim he didn't breach manifesto promises, but he can't deny that he breached the spirit of those promises. He deceived us all there too. Semantics dictate whether it's technically a 'lie', but I think getting hung up on that bit is missing the point a bit.

But what gets me the most is this:

Before the war Blair said he would be happy for Hussein to remain in power if he complied with UN inspections and proved he didn't have WMDs.

Now, every time someone mentions WMDs, Blair says 'shut up about the WMDs, we removed an evil dictator, you didn't want Saddam to remain in power did you?'

Well Mr Blair, you certainly did.
*Seethes*
Thu 13/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I’ve reduced you to being a little hairy pink animal? Or do you have tourettes?

Anyhoo, I am a good policeman. I just have little to no idea what I'm doing.
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Very good, I was going to say I thought you seemed a good policeman.

But instead you reduced me to this...

Oink Oink
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You're not?
What happened?
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wish I was ignorant.
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Which is better then over half the brain-dead morons I deal with on a daily basis. I respect what you did in changing your career because you wanted a new challenge, I’m sure it was a risk and an uncertain time, but it’s best to do something because you want to do it.

I myself am finding my job to be somewhat of a strain. The hours are hard, the work is tough and sometimes unrewarding, little respect from the public and such. However, it is nice when you do go home feeling you’ve made a difference, even if it’s only a little one.

In Cambridge we have a made knife-bloke on the loose, we have found an area in which he operates and myself and a colleague were in that area for pretty much all of last night doing stop checks and mainly as a visual presence, and I was thanked by no less then 20 people.

Rambling now. Anyway, yeah, so how is the new job going?
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
True EB, but I can't just sit in silence and ignore my feelings and soul.
Same as I couldn't sit in an office and waste my life anymore.
I'd rather wade knee-deep through assfaces that moo and bump into each other than sit quietly and wait for death
Thu 13/05/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'm angry. I'm angry that I'm treated like a brain-damaged infant by
> the media. I'm angry that I'm expected to swallow lies the size of
> planets.
> I'm angry that if I was content to take the 2.5 lifestyle and
> actually care about what Jennifer Lopez is wearing then life would be
> easier to tolerate.

But as you said. Shut up, be happy...Or complain and have little to no one listen to you, either way is fine with me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.