GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/05/04 at 15:22
Regular
"www.sonic-jam.co.uk"
I'm not sure, if alot of you guys/girls actually are into animes, but I'm quite fond of it myself. Although some are totally rubbish, there are some which are quite intresting. I have three which I currently watch ::

1) Full Metal Alchemist
2) Naruto
3) Midori no Hibi

Full Metal Alchemist, is the story, about when two brothers go out on a journey, after the elusive Philospher stone. Ofcourse, they're not the only two, and there are some who try to stop others from getting the stone, because of its dangerous powers.

Naruto, is about a boy in a village, who one day, dreams to be the Hokage.(Hokage is the name given to the leader of the village).When he was still a child, a demon fox was sealed inside of him, in order for the fox dont to destroy the entire village. Naruto, then grows up to be a shinobi, who's only good thing, is annoying others.

Midori no Hibi, is the story on Sawamura. A kid in secondary school(or high school) who literally has the "devil's right hand". He's never lost a fight, and those who are his enemies, are turned into mince meat. One day, his right hand, is replaced, by a girl (named Midori -_- ) who had a crush on him, since primary school. Their adventures go on etc... as they both try to live life to the fullest.

Well, post up your opinions, and any other animes that you guys/girls like :)
Wed 12/05/04 at 23:59
Regular
"The Legendary S.S."
Trunkz wrote:
> I'm not sure, if alot of you guys/girls actually are into animes, but
> I'm quite fond of it myself. Although some are totally rubbish, there
> are some which are quite intresting. I have three which I currently
> watch ::
>
> 1) Full Metal Alchemist
> 2) Naruto
> 3) Midori no Hibi

I also have three which I currently watch ::

1) Dragon Ball
2) Dragon Ball Z
3) Dragon Ball GT
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:34
Regular
[might have to edit it some of the URLs]

Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Fooly Cooly wrote:
> My brother has been buying some titles such as Last Exile which I
> found
> pretty good, NBiggles might be interested in that anime.
>
> Though I heard my name... What is that all about then?

Has planes like those from Crimson Skies, it get's a lot of inspiration from the other Hayao Miyazaki/Ghibli film I recommended, Porco Rosso. (DVD cover has just been released would have been better with him in his plane [URL]www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/video/porco/porco_r1_dvd.jpg[/URL] from what I could tell from the first DVD it is about a brother and sister who work as messengers flying around delivering important letters and documents while two countries are at war. These countries seem to battle in giant airships in the sky. The graphics and animation are wonderful ^^ it's really pleasing to see something good and different come out once in awhile, the reviews have been excellent as well. [URL]www.monkey-pirate.com/stuff/lastexile-2.jpg[/URL] and [URL]www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2464.php[/URL] I would recommend seeing the clips they have on the DVD website (only text 5 seconds) [URL]http://www.lastexiledvd.com/[/URL] (click "menu" then "download" medium size runs really smoothly) especially Clip 02 Vol. 1 reminds you of the pod race in Star Wars :) I'm interested in seeing the second volume. Any fans who liked Blue Submarine #6 (that was on CNX) will enjoy it.
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:01
"I love yo... lamp."
I meant what was Last Exile about, I realised it was Anime's from the title of the thread :-)
Wed 12/05/04 at 16:00
Regular
"www.sonic-jam.co.uk"
Animes ^__^ He was talkin about animes :P
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:57
"I love yo... lamp."
Fooly Cooly wrote:
> My brother has been buying some titles such as Last Exile which I found
> pretty good, NBiggles might be interested in that anime.

Though I heard my name... What is that all about then?
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:46
Regular
"www.sonic-jam.co.uk"
Okey, I've only heard of Last Exile, from that list of yours.
And why does anime scare you? o.O (okey, excluding the ecchi part..)
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:41
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Animé scares the freaking crap out of me.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:39
Regular
There's only a few anime fans around. I've yet to see those series though I hear they're quite good.

I havent really been keeping uptodate with all the new animes coming out, checking out the review sites there's probably atleast a few hundred anime series that have come out and I havent got round to watching yet. I have been watching Kiddy Grade and Azumanga. My brother has been buying some titles such as Last Exile which I found pretty good, NBiggles might be interested in that anime. Bandit Jing I enjoy. Ah wait just noticed I downloaded an episode of Naruto ages ago, havent got round to seeing that yet.

Other animes that I've been watching lately that I'm sure none of the people here will recognise are, Scrapped Princess, Vandread, Gate Keepers, Gravitation, Hack Sign, Pita Ten, etc.

I think the next DVDs I think we'll pick up are the Trigun series I think one of the DVD websites (not play or dc-dvd) are selling them at the cheaper price 11.99. That's a bargin ^^ I would like Azumanga on DVD now that it's come out.
Wed 12/05/04 at 15:22
Regular
"www.sonic-jam.co.uk"
I'm not sure, if alot of you guys/girls actually are into animes, but I'm quite fond of it myself. Although some are totally rubbish, there are some which are quite intresting. I have three which I currently watch ::

1) Full Metal Alchemist
2) Naruto
3) Midori no Hibi

Full Metal Alchemist, is the story, about when two brothers go out on a journey, after the elusive Philospher stone. Ofcourse, they're not the only two, and there are some who try to stop others from getting the stone, because of its dangerous powers.

Naruto, is about a boy in a village, who one day, dreams to be the Hokage.(Hokage is the name given to the leader of the village).When he was still a child, a demon fox was sealed inside of him, in order for the fox dont to destroy the entire village. Naruto, then grows up to be a shinobi, who's only good thing, is annoying others.

Midori no Hibi, is the story on Sawamura. A kid in secondary school(or high school) who literally has the "devil's right hand". He's never lost a fight, and those who are his enemies, are turned into mince meat. One day, his right hand, is replaced, by a girl (named Midori -_- ) who had a crush on him, since primary school. Their adventures go on etc... as they both try to live life to the fullest.

Well, post up your opinions, and any other animes that you guys/girls like :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.