GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE's Under and over-rated superstars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/05/04 at 06:57
Regular
Who do you think in the WWE is overrated, and likewise, who do you think is underrated?

Whilst most people think that the whole of Smackdown's Cruiserweight division is underrated, you can only select two superstars for each catagory. ;c)

Anyway, for me it would be:

Underrated :: The Hurricane

C'mon, WWE could have done so much with his gimmick. He could be Intercontinental Champion right now, had WWE not messed him about, and stuck him on Heat.

Underrated :: Rico

Man, he is my favourite Smackdown superstar right now. I'm glad he's in a decent storyline, one that makes me laugh every time I see him wrestle. He's a good wrestler too. Just look for some of his matches as Rico Constantino (I think that's what he's called)...when he had a mullet... :cD

Overrated :: Rob Van Dam

You can't spell Overrated with an R...a V and a D...

Sure, he's pretty good in the ring, but his mic skills suck.

Overrated :: John Bradshaw Layfield

This may be just an Internet thing...but he is way overrated. He's a boring wrestler who can do a few basic moves, a clothesline and a few other powerful moves. His mic skills suck, and he really shouldn't be main eventing Smackdown. Sure, he was brilliant in the APA as a face, or the Acolytes as a heel...but I'm not liking his JBL gimmick.
Tue 25/05/04 at 18:17
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
In my opinion, Kane does deserve the title although I'd rather him lose at Bad Blood and get it later in the year because I want to see Benoit Vs Jericho for the title! :D
Tue 25/05/04 at 16:02
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> IMHO a a wrestler should be given a title because he can help the
> credibility of the belt, not just the belt further the credibility of
> the wrestler. Kane beating Benoit will not further Kane's credibilit
> but Benoit beating Kane will further his, and thus the belt. Not
> having held the title before (at least not for long) is not a reason
> for putting the belt on someone.

It seems pretty clear to me that Kane should not be given the belt. The WWE's recent policy of rewarding loyalty with title pushes (Hardcore Holly and JBL) is ridiculous - it doesn't help the belt to have these random people suddenly being pushed as challengers.

I personally think that belts should be used as catalysts for getting wrestlers over (or more over, as the case may be), as that will therefore give the belt more credibility in the eyes of the fans. I disagree with this school of thought that belts should be slapped on the biggest-drawing wrestler in the promotion - if they're already the most over, what will having the belt do for them? Give it to someone who needs it to look credible.

The best case of this is the Benoit situation - before he was given the belt, he was seen as an upper-midcarder. Now that he's the champion, far more people see him as a proper main-eventer for Raw, and Raw has improved massively over the past weeks in the eyes of many people. The belt has pushed Benoit up to the main event, and if he can have more good matches and hold onto the belt for a good few months, he can stay there without it.

Now, Kane probably needs the belt to get over more with the fans. He's not good enough in the ring or on the mic to do it on his own, and I don't think he's good enough to carry the belt respectably in these respects. However, if he could get over properly with the fans with the belt, then fine. The point is, at the moment, Benoit still needs the belt, because as I said before, he needs it for a while longer to stay in the main event without it, thus he shouldn't job to Kane at Bad Blood.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:50
Regular
"..."
Ant wrote:
> Nah I think they can still make him as a monster...although losing to
> Taker didn't help. He's still pretty over though.
>
> He's probably the best big wrestler in the WWE...I think he could be
> a great champion. It'd be something new as well, I mean, he's never
> really been the WWE Champion, and since when has he ever been
> successful as a heel? Apart from the first months of his career,
> never, so therefore it could lead to some interesting character
> direction.
>
> Gooooooo Kane! :P

IMHO a a wrestler should be given a title because he can help the credibility of the belt, not just the belt further the credibility of the wrestler. Kane beating Benoit will not further Kane's credibilit but Benoit beating Kane will further his, and thus the belt. Not having held the title before (at least not for long) is not a reason for putting the belt on someone.
Mon 24/05/04 at 22:00
Regular
We'll see...Kane's lost it now they've removed the mask. They did a good job when he first took if off and went on a rampage hurting and burning people and that's when they should of given him the title, not now when he's lost to 'Taker and has been "scarying" Lita.
Mon 24/05/04 at 20:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Nah I think they can still make him as a monster...although losing to Taker didn't help. He's still pretty over though.

He's probably the best big wrestler in the WWE...I think he could be a great champion. It'd be something new as well, I mean, he's never really been the WWE Champion, and since when has he ever been successful as a heel? Apart from the first months of his career, never, so therefore it could lead to some interesting character direction.

Gooooooo Kane! :P
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"..."
Umm, but his selling is on a par with 'Taker and he's been so badly buried that he just wouldn't be convincing as a 'monster' anymore.
Mon 24/05/04 at 14:05
Regular
Nah he's not. Lol. He has the potential to be amazing, like he was back in the day. Just look at his return. Ruthless, when saving the US flag from being burnt by the Unamerican's, yet comical when doing the Kanerooni!

;c)
Mon 24/05/04 at 13:45
Regular
"..."
DW wrote:
> Indeed. :c(
>
> But I'm happy that [wrestler] is number one contender. Long overdue
> for another title shot. Lets hope if he wins, it won't be like last
> time.

But he's USELESS.
Sun 23/05/04 at 18:38
"iM a LiViNg lEGeNd"
Underated-charlie haas
Underated-Rey

Overated-JBL
Overated-hardcore holly(at royal rumble 2003)
Tue 18/05/04 at 16:18
Regular
Indeed. :c(

But I'm happy that [wrestler] is number one contender. Long overdue for another title shot. Lets hope if he wins, it won't be like last time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.