GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100% CPU Usage?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 12:19
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
About 18 months ago my computer got a virus (kwbot.e worm i think) and it erased my hard drive so I took to get fixed. He restored most of the files and installed pc-cillin 2000 anti virus but now the CPU usage is always on 100%. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

When no programs are running there's about 40 processes running, Memory usage is 118844k of 550008k.
I have a 1.3 Ghz AMD athlon 1400 (i think) processor running on a Hi-Grade Winputer.

Can anyone help, it's getting really annoying now because I can only run one program at a time properly and playing even games like GTA3 is impossisible.
Thu 03/06/04 at 18:38
Regular
"\\"
Even with about 5 applications running i'm using less than 1% of my CPU, other that find-a-drug which takes up as much as it can until something else needs some CPU
Wed 02/06/04 at 18:15
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Editing start-up programs can be accessed from the services menu. Just Run services.msc
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:42
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Thanks.
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
the_Xecutioner wrote:
> My friend said to use MSCONFIG but when I try it says 'cannot find the
> file 'MSCONFIG' (or one of it's components)'

It's included with windows 98, but might not be with your os - so download it here:
[URL]http://www.techadvice.com/specs/files_dl.asp?fnid=3398288[/URL]
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:29
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
My friend said to use MSCONFIG but when I try it says 'cannot find the file 'MSCONFIG' (or one of it's components)'
Tue 11/05/04 at 22:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I need to bind "What operating system are you running?" to a key somewhere.
Tue 11/05/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Digging!"
be§§ant™ wrote:

> LORD IS HERE REJOICE!!
>
> taka-Q i have been searching for that word that one keyword
> "MSCONFIG" for about nearly a year now.

I aim to please.
Tue 11/05/04 at 17:34
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
taka-Q wrote:
> 40 is a bit excessive, I have about 22-25 when nothing is running, all
> of which take less than a % of the processing power (bear in mind
> that that is 1% of 4% that my CPU usage is when idle), all the rest
> is taken by the System Idle (99%).
>
> Try useing msconfig (in the run box) to limit the processes that the
> computer starts up with (the startup tab - all of them are not
> required, but you will want some of the eg the antvirus software).

LORD IS HERE REJOICE!!

taka-Q i have been searching for that word that one keyword "MSCONFIG" for about nearly a year now. i have 34 unwanted processes on my startup and you have helped ELIMINATE them. i have forgotten that word for a year and you casually add it at the end of a post

WAHOOOO!!

PS: my cpu usage is around 5% with no programs running....
Tue 11/05/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Digging!"
40 is a bit excessive, I have about 22-25 when nothing is running, all of which take less than a % of the processing power (bear in mind that that is 1% of 4% that my CPU usage is when idle), all the rest is taken by the System Idle (99%).

Try useing msconfig (in the run box) to limit the processes that the computer starts up with (the startup tab - all of them are not required, but you will want some of the eg the antvirus software).
Tue 11/05/04 at 12:42
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
My anti virus software is updated almost daily and I check for both spyware and viruses every week. I'll try updating Ad Aware.
Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.