GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I eventually got round to buying this yesterday and it's a lot better than I was expecting it to be. The car handling is spot on, the way the car pitches, the way every little alteration you make to your set-up really effects performance, it realy does feel like a driving simulator now.

There's a tonne of cars obviously, and although I'm probabaly ever going to use around half of them, that still makes it about 200 or so. It's also nice to see every track from the previous GT games in there, plus some new ones, and the El Capitan circuit looks fantastic, although my favourite is still the Deep Forest Circuit.

I spent most of yesterday (around 12 hours) playing this, trying to get all of my licenses. I eventually got my Special License at around 2 this morning! The final test for the S License is a killer by the way.

Anyway I started off with a Nissan 300 ZX, after transfering 10.000 credits over from my GT3 save, which is another great feature. It's sitting at just over 430bhp now and can see off about pretty much everything. But I did unlock a 67' Mercury Cougar after I got my final License, so I shoved a super-charger on that and it's an absolute monster at over 500bhp, although it's still too heavy as I've yet to do the weight reductions.

Overall it's a great game with plenty to do. Loads of cars, tracks, a great soundtrack and some other neat features like the photo mode. Basically this is the best racer available on any console at the moment, and no doubt I'll waste away another 12 or so hours today.
Sun 13/03/05 at 01:59
Regular
"Touched!"
Coin wrote:
> sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Got this yesturday thanks to the g/f. Will give it a bash after work
> tonight! Any tips on which car to use first?
>
> Hopefully you're talking about the game not the girlfriend...

Why not both? :P
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.