GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I eventually got round to buying this yesterday and it's a lot better than I was expecting it to be. The car handling is spot on, the way the car pitches, the way every little alteration you make to your set-up really effects performance, it realy does feel like a driving simulator now.

There's a tonne of cars obviously, and although I'm probabaly ever going to use around half of them, that still makes it about 200 or so. It's also nice to see every track from the previous GT games in there, plus some new ones, and the El Capitan circuit looks fantastic, although my favourite is still the Deep Forest Circuit.

I spent most of yesterday (around 12 hours) playing this, trying to get all of my licenses. I eventually got my Special License at around 2 this morning! The final test for the S License is a killer by the way.

Anyway I started off with a Nissan 300 ZX, after transfering 10.000 credits over from my GT3 save, which is another great feature. It's sitting at just over 430bhp now and can see off about pretty much everything. But I did unlock a 67' Mercury Cougar after I got my final License, so I shoved a super-charger on that and it's an absolute monster at over 500bhp, although it's still too heavy as I've yet to do the weight reductions.

Overall it's a great game with plenty to do. Loads of cars, tracks, a great soundtrack and some other neat features like the photo mode. Basically this is the best racer available on any console at the moment, and no doubt I'll waste away another 12 or so hours today.
Sun 13/03/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
:D
Sun 13/03/05 at 01:59
Regular
"Touched!"
Coin wrote:
> sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Got this yesturday thanks to the g/f. Will give it a bash after work
> tonight! Any tips on which car to use first?
>
> Hopefully you're talking about the game not the girlfriend...

Why not both? :P
Sun 13/03/05 at 01:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:

Hopefully you're talking about the game not the girlfriend...
Sun 13/03/05 at 00:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Thanks for the advice guys. Too tired to give it a go tonight and been ill since coming in. I'll hopefully give it another go after work tomorrow.
Sat 12/03/05 at 19:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I did the licences first (up to S-16, still struggling with that one), which unlocked the missions.

Then I did the first 10 missions, which unlocked the Delorean.

Used the Delorean in the first two rallies which unlocked the Cadillac Cien (750HP before tuning).

After blasting through Sunday Cup and Clubman Cup I'm currently using the Cien to open up some of the American Events :)

Still haven't bought a car, but seeing as the Cien is struggling on a couple of the Professional Races I might have to open up the wallet later on.
Sat 12/03/05 at 18:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I got the game today, as I decided to take advantage of the fact that I had 4 games I didn't use any more and a quid. Ahem.

Anyway, it was quite frustrating at the start, as I forgot about the 100,000 credits thing, and so I kept getting beaten in the frickin Sunday Cup with my Volkswagen Lupo, which was the only car I had after getting my National B licence.

Just won my first few races now, as I decided to follow the kind of cheaty method of importing credits from GT3, and I got myself a TVR Tuscan 6, which was the third fastest car in the whole of GT3. Ah well.
Sat 12/03/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Any tips on which car to use first?

Depends on whether you have a GT3 save or not. You can transfer up to 100,000 credits from GT3 to GT4. But you start off with 10,000 in normal circumstances, so you're probably best looking at the late 80's used car sections, you can pick up old Japanese cars with a bit of power for a reasonable price.
Sat 12/03/05 at 16:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:

Get the licences out of the way first. That way you get some fairly good cars for free.
Sat 12/03/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Touched!"
Got this yesturday thanks to the g/f. Will give it a bash after work tonight! Any tips on which car to use first?
Sat 12/03/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Chr1s wrote:
> How dare you! :)

Okay, I'll enjoy sitting around playing this for another 12 hours today.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.