GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Polarium"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Polarium'.
Sat 12/03/05 at 17:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've only had it for about 2 hours, yes. I'm pretty crap at it, yes. BUt I'm willing to say that, for value, this is the best DS game for the UK launch.

Okay, I haven't played them all. I know this. But it is absolutely genius. It is easily capable of being 'the new tetris' that people have been searching for since the actual Tetris was released. Quick, impulsive and a steep learning curve, it'll have you trying to beat high scores for months.

Well, yeah, this post is strating to look a bit like a review.

Any one else got/experienced this absolute genius?

If not, 'find' £20 by any means necessary (it's your Mum's own fault for leaving her purse on the table, isn't it?) and get this game. And if you haven't got a DS, get one of those, too.

Word.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:29
"period drama"
Got it today. Most excellent.
The puzzles have kept me going for a good few hours. Tricky lil basts.

Although I really suck at Tetris-mode.
:' (
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Good good good. Another player to enter the fold of gaming goodness.

I must say, it's well worth the £20 asking price.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:34
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Really really like it. Very difficult though.
Must be my first puzzle game ive bought in aages. Really cant remember the last.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:46
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Polarium is absolutely great.It will fill the time until Metroid.The puzzles are rock hard though and I've only done about 65% of them.I like this game so much I was inclined to write a review on it in this site which is pretty crap(the review not the site).
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Someone find and pop the 'Polarium high scores' thread.

I've reviewed it also, such is my love.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:50
Regular
Iv'e resisted the charms long enough but the DS ness is starting to get to my brain. So far all iv'e really heard from it is that it has simple puzzle games that somehow manage to stay absolutely fecking amazing meaning it'd be perfect for the hour or 2 of the day where there's nothing on TV and I don't want to get involved in a game?

What go outside? Get away from me social lives are for normal tanned people idiot.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It really is a stop gap and a half, my friend. Can got for long periods of time, or for 5 minutes (with the puzzles). It really is the perfect hand-held game.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Oh, and the multiplayer isn't bad, either. Had a chance to sample it on Wednesday and it's pretty damn good - would've been even better if I hadn;t have beaten his ass everytime we played.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:53
Regular
It's decided. I'm officially saying goodbye to Microsoft for more Nintendo goodness.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:56
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Make sure you pick up Wario Ware, Yoshi Touch & Go and possibly Mario 64 DS as well, Joseph. Not played WW, but it is meant to be absolute genius on a grandiose scale.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.