GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much £ will Xbox cost?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 21:36
Regular
I know nothing has been announced on the topic of the Xbox price so lets try and work out how much it might cost. Bear in mind that Microsoft said it would be "competitevely priced".
Wed 18/04/01 at 09:32
Regular
I'd imagine that if Microsoft want to be competitively priced, they want launch the X-Box at a higher price than the PS2 was launched at.

Simpley becuase if it's higher than £300, most people will consider it too much. I know people who want a PS2, but wont pay £300 for it, and there not students like me, but people who work full time.

I expect a launch price of, at most, £300, with a drop after the first 6 months.

Oh yeah, what happened to the expected PS2 price drop eh?
Wed 18/04/01 at 03:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Estimates of X-Box cost range between, at the lowest end $300, and at the highest end $500. Now site has yet gone over this $500 mark. At the current rate of exchange this is £205 to £340.

But then we have the Dollar/Pound parity problem with consoles where the rate of exchange doesn't come into it, so a realistic estimate of the UK RRP would probably be £300-£500.

My guess is, bearing in mind Microsoft's 'competitively priced' statement, that we'd be looking at an X-Box with online capability (56k modem included, not the broadband enabled version), for £300-£350 at launch. That's without DVD capability.

The question really should be: "How much would you be PREPARED to pay for the X-Box?"

For me, I'd EXPECT to pay £350 if the 56k modem was included, £50 for DVD capability, so a total of £400 would be my maximum. However, I already have a DVD player so I wouldn't need the extras for DVD capability.

The most I would be PREPARED to pay for an X-Box with online functionality would be £400. Anything over that and I'd have to live with the DC, the PS2, and my PC online.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:46
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Lol, Tony. Sounds like a good deal though. A free Xbox for just that!!!!!
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:45
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
XBox will be free, providing you sign the XBox commitment.

Spy camera in house
Control of your PC
Must use their ISP & browser
Ongoing upgrade path (expensive)
Holographic anti-piracy device
Microsoft Insurance 2002
Non-Sony alignment policy
Weekly "Customer Service" interview

(only kidding Mr Gates)
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:14
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
>
So who do you like M16?

I don't "like" any team.

I do happen to love Crystal Palace!
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:11
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
i heard(well read)of didgi that it was comin out at £400!!!

If it really is that price ill be sayin hello to mr gamecube.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:06
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"

So who do you like M16?
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
M16 clears his throat and starts to chant:

"Stand up, if you hate Man u"
M16 jumps of his seat and waits for others too join him :-)
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:24
Regular
Batistuta wrote:
> well, i'm gonna gonna sit down in front of my TV, grab a Drink and
> watch Arsenal go OUT!!!!!!! hahahahahahaahah. then hope for a
> miracle tomorrow.

You're going to find yourself on Snipers hitlist!
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:19
"High polygon count"
Between £250 and £299 I reckon. Anything over £300 would be suicidal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.