GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"All about GameCube and Sega"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 18:19
Regular
Miyamoto sits on his desk with a screwdriver and the GameCube controller next to him. Papers with all sorts of designs sprawl on the table.

Enter Yuji Naka

Shigsy: Welcome Mr Naka to my office please sit down.

Naka: Oh thanks, so what is the problem Mr Miyamoto?

Shigsy: I would like to discuss what games would you be producing for the GameCube.

Naka: Sonic will be a major part of my plans, oh yes. I do not have immediate plans on any other games Sonic is our priority both for the Game Cube versions and GBA.

Shigsy: I think a Sonic game would be very appealing, but a game with both Sonic and Mario would be even greater, it would give us a chance to work together.

Naka: I agree it would be good but we are on several projects already for the GC, PS2 and the last batch of DC game. Can I have a look at how the controller design is going?

Shigsy: Here you go. Be gentle with it!

Naka examines the new built controller. He wiggles the stick around….

Naka: Not bad, not bad the function of the controller is good overall; I like the way that it’s so comfortable and the buttons are very easy to reach.

Shigsy: I’ve spent over 2 years on that, I’m really please with the product.

Naka: I think the Game Cube has great potential to create a solely Games dedicated machine; Sega would be pleased to make games on your machine.

Shigsy: We are proud of our new machine that will, alongside the PS2 be a machine for all ages and will be another console in the gaming market; we are not in a war with them.

Naka: So what is the release date for the GameCube?

Shigsy: We expect no delays on production of the Game Cube for the Japanese launch.

Naka: What about the US launch will there be enough to supply for them, looking at the recent incidents with the low supply of PS2’s in the US at the launch.

Shigsy: Well with have countered that, we have gone well into decision on how many units to ship in to the US that will be in high supply. I’m sure Sony have fixed that problem now.

Naka: So what about Europe?

Miyamoto: The set release date for Europe is next spring, by then we will have enough to supply for the Europeans and we will have enough games to bring to them at the European launch.

Naka: Around how much would you think in English pounds it would cost to purchase the machine?

Shigsy: Around £150 and £200, we will sell some machines with games supplied for around £250.

Naka: What kind of disks will you be using, you cannot use normal CD’s as game pirates can copy your game on normal CD easily.

Shigsy: We have designed a CD that will only be used by us for GameCube games. No other people will be able to use our disks other than Panasonic they are creating a DVD version of the GameCube.

Naka: Will the Game Cube have online capabilities?

Shigsy: I hope so online gaming is becoming a major part of multi-playing in gaming. We hope the broadband modems will be available at the Japanese launch. Currently the PS2 has no online gaming yet, we hope to beat them to it with some games that take this feature up the right way.

Naka: Online gaming is very important to our DC owners at the moment they love playing things such as Phantasy Star online and Quake 3 online with the other Dreamcast owners, it proves that it was a very popular decision Sega has made. What kind of online technology will you use?

Shigsy: We will be able to use the broadband technology I hope by then. Broadband is the most powerful modem around and it will guarantee good results for any GameCube user in the future.

Naka: Okay thanks, so is E3 going to be a big date for you guys?

Shigsy: Ah yes we currently will have some playable games ready for the E3 show next month, we will hopefully have Zelda GC, Metroid GC, Mario GC, Wave Racer, Too human, Rogue Squadron and Dinosaur Planet to be playable in the show, hopefully the media will see a good future for this machine.

Naka: Thank you this talk has helped me quite a bit thanks. I see good things for this machine.

Miyamoto: Our people is currently is hard at work trying to get the technology just right for the machine.
I hope to bring you more positive feedback next time.

Yuji Naka walks out..... Shigsy gets back to work with his GC controller again.

Wed 18/04/01 at 18:07
Regular
So.........so bias.
Wed 18/04/01 at 17:40
"possibly impossible"
:-)

That and Pokemon.
Wed 18/04/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
A titanium fortressed the construction of which was financed by the successful marketing of overhyped and over-priced cartridges, which in reality only cost tuppence to make.
Wed 18/04/01 at 17:33
"possibly impossible"
"Ah! Sir? Why is that N64 ticking?"

The explosion was heard for miles around. Just as well the proper Nintendo base was underground in a titanium lined fortress.
Wed 18/04/01 at 15:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Darkness turned to talk to Grix, but found....ANT!!

Ant, after pulling his mask off, whacked Darkness over the head with an N64, knocking him unconscious.

Then everyone else including Miyamoto pulled of their masks, revealing themselves as Sony employees!!

"So, the first plan worked after all, right???"

"YES!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!" They all laughed at their success.
Wed 18/04/01 at 15:28
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
One of the 'stealth' team was tapped on the back. He turned round.
SMACK
KO

BANG BANG BANG

The other 3 members lay dead on the floor. Gric and Darkness finished absailing down the building opposite. We knew that huge sign saying THIS IS NINTENDO HQ, SONY STEALTH TEAM, THE WEAKNESSES ARE ON THE 4TH FLOOR, with the flashing arrows would fool them!!!!!
Wed 18/04/01 at 15:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
Then they went home and had a game of MGS2, relieved to know that they would not be troubled by annoying Italian plumbers anymore.
Wed 18/04/01 at 15:25
Regular
"I’m really please with the product."

You can tell it's been translated from Japanese to English... ;0)

Joke Sniper. Nice little variation on how the futures going to look. Well done.
Wed 18/04/01 at 15:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Suddenly, the building in which Miyamato and Grix and Darkness were i exploded.

The Sony stealth team, who had planted explosives all over the building laughed and said, "We were never going to fall for that stupid plan!!"

Wed 18/04/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Darkness_2k and Grix enter the room. Standing back to back, they fold their arms, looking threatening.

Hands up shouted a terrorist!

Don't you know who they are asked another

Why should I?

They are the Nintendo avengers!

Darkness and Grix proceed to kill all the terrorists slowly.
They quiackly rescue the controller plans, and sestroy the signed contract.

Then, the avengers leave the room, to deliver the plans to the real Shigeru Miytamoto

"Sony scum, they underestimate the power of Nintendo"
"I think that's their slogan!?"
"Oh"
"Well, we beat them any day!!"
"Quite, now lets gets these to Shigsy!"
"OK"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.