GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gt4... it doesnt work!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sun 13/03/05 at 11:40
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
Omg im soo annoyed cos ive been waitin for Gt4 to come out for ages and i mean ages... Huge Gt fan!! But because ive got anm earlier model of the Playstation 2 it does not work!!! Does anyone know how to get it workin cos im going crazy over this!!! Help!
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:21
Regular
"get out of jail"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Is your PS2 a model number SCPH39003 by any chance? Someone else with
> this model number said they rang Sony and was told it would cost
> £55 to upgrade the PS2 so it would run Gran Turismo 4.
That's a rip off especially as you can buy a new ps2 under £100.
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Take a look at your GT4 manual. I remember seeing something about setting up your PS2 a specific way if you have a particular model.
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'd ring the Sony Careline (number in the back of the GT4 manual) and check with them if your PS2 should run it, as apparently certain model numbers won't and Sony apparently knew that when GT4 was released. There's a big bruhaha kicking up on the Official Playstation forums about it from disgruntled PS2 owners who can't run GT4 (there's quite a few of them).

It runs fine on an SCPH 50003 though.
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:07
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
im on my second copy of the game and i no there have ben problems with the game on this version of ps2.... but we have also had it workin once i wanna know how we did it!!
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:03
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Go out, get it traded for another copy. See if that works.
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:03
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
If it is that model trust me you're better off getting a new one, slimline perhaps. Sony only replace it with the same model, which eventually will come back with the same problems like it did to me, 3 times, so I just got a slimline.
Sun 13/03/05 at 12:02
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
No its a 30003 but we managed to get it to work once and we dont know how! strange and reli annoyin.. its not thje ps2 because i know all about the problems with it and dust round the lens and i have recently cleaned it and all my other games still work!!
Sun 13/03/05 at 11:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Is your PS2 a model number SCPH39003 by any chance? Someone else with this model number said they rang Sony and was told it would cost £55 to upgrade the PS2 so it would run Gran Turismo 4.
Sun 13/03/05 at 11:40
Regular
"I'm in it to win it"
Omg im soo annoyed cos ive been waitin for Gt4 to come out for ages and i mean ages... Huge Gt fan!! But because ive got anm earlier model of the Playstation 2 it does not work!!! Does anyone know how to get it workin cos im going crazy over this!!! Help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.