GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best PS2 Game Ever"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/03/05 at 14:28
Regular
What do you guys think the best game is? Any type, from the first one tot he most current.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Reefer wrote:
> SOCOM 2 is far better.

SOCOM 2 is a bugfest compared to the original (which had its fair share of bugs admittedly). But I chose SOCOM 1 for a number of reasons:

a) Offline is excellent
b) It was one of the first PS2 online games, without it I doubt PS2 Online would have taken off at all
c) Online - what you hit is what you kill

Comparing this to SOCOM 2:

a) Offline is a bugfest, your squad can get held up by scenery and killed by ladders
b) It contained all the bugs and more that were pointed out to the developers during beta testing
c) Online - what you hit is what you kill if you've got a good connection speed and are hosting the game, otherwise use a full clip and hope for the best
d) Tactics go completely out of the window when you can kill your enemy just by firing grenades at random towards their spawn point at the start of every game
e) They didn't learn from their mistakes in the prequel - ranking up continues, penalties for aborting were non-existent until they patched it, scenery glitches prevail
f) 3Mb save required, normally that would be for downloadable extras, in Zipper's case it was because they knew it wasn't perfect when they released it and they were going to have to patch it later
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:23
Regular
"..."
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

It's superiour from every prespective.
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:03
Regular
Hedfix - I just checked your site out. How many people have purchased some of your songs?
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:48
Regular
"8==="
:D
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pro Evo 4.

Well done to everyone so far for not listing any of the GTA games.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:22
Regular
SOCOM 2 is far better.

I'd have to say MGS3 though, that's a real corker.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
SOCOM: US Navy SEALs.
Sun 13/03/05 at 17:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Ico
Sun 13/03/05 at 17:21
"period drama"
Ico
Sun 13/03/05 at 16:24
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I can't count sadly. You are all disqualified and must die.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.