GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That Vice City program last night..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 17:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What a load of utter guff. I've seriously never seen a more retarded attempt at a documentary.

The program is partly targeting kids playing games which they shouldn't due to age ratings, but then the BBC fantastically has two 14-year-old kids playing Vice City to illustrate it. Great work there, you bunch of hypocrites.

And I loved the interview with the American solicitor working for the families of the people who were killed/injured as a result of the shooting that Vice City supposedly was to blame for. "We're suing the boys, their parents, Wal-Mart, the store who sold the game, Rockstar and any other development company working for Rockstar. Oh, not to mention we're suing the boys' PlayStation for playing the game, their TV for allowing them to view it, their cabinet which stored it, plus the grass outside the house and some random car in Alabama."

These people have a right to be annoyed, but attempting to sue everything in sight really doesn't do well for them from other points of view. It sort of suggests money is more important to them than justice.

And my opinion on the matter?
Well, I think gaming is again being pointlessly used as a scapegoat by all those idiots that can't control their kids. What did the family have a rifle in their cupboard for anyway? I think that, and not a computer game featuring violence, should be blamed for the sheer stupidity of these kids.

[/rant]
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What a load of utter guff. I've seriously never seen a more retarded attempt at a documentary.

The program is partly targeting kids playing games which they shouldn't due to age ratings, but then the BBC fantastically has two 14-year-old kids playing Vice City to illustrate it. Great work there, you bunch of hypocrites.

And I loved the interview with the American solicitor working for the families of the people who were killed/injured as a result of the shooting that Vice City supposedly was to blame for. "We're suing the boys, their parents, Wal-Mart, the store who sold the game, Rockstar and any other development company working for Rockstar. Oh, not to mention we're suing the boys' PlayStation for playing the game, their TV for allowing them to view it, their cabinet which stored it, plus the grass outside the house and some random car in Alabama."

These people have a right to be annoyed, but attempting to sue everything in sight really doesn't do well for them from other points of view. It sort of suggests money is more important to them than justice.

And my opinion on the matter?
Well, I think gaming is again being pointlessly used as a scapegoat by all those idiots that can't control their kids. What did the family have a rifle in their cupboard for anyway? I think that, and not a computer game featuring violence, should be blamed for the sheer stupidity of these kids.

[/rant]
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I agree. What sort of sad bagger keeps a gun in their house anyway? (starts off argument)
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:28
Regular
AJ is funny.

Fiction.
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:41
Regular
"\\"
Wakka wrote:
> I agree. What sort of sad bagger keeps a gun in their house anyway?
> (starts off argument)

Americans?
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Matt is scouse mong.

Fact.
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Americans are only allowed firearms due to part of their constitution, which isn't surprising since it was written whilst they were involved in a war fought by mostly civilians.

Blaming games for violence is wrong: Many things contribute to a warped mind- TV, domestic problems and rap music do far more damage in comparrison. Games only have pretend violence, not real vioence. Even a young child can make the distinction. My brother was playing GTA2 when he was 10 and he never had any desire to kill or mutilate. People just blame games because they are a modern invention and resistantto change, modernity and the way we live now.
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:53
Regular
Be fair, if they let their kids play such games, aren't they the ones to blame - therefore, they shouldn't be able to sue for anything.

The game has an age rating on it. Their fault, not Rockstars.
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
No- the only people to blame are whoever sold the game to those kids, assuming that it was them who bought it. They were not only too young to purchase the game, but they must have also been easily influenced, or scallies.

The main problem is that Americans can own guns legally and easily- without that, this problem wouldn't even exist.
Wed 05/05/04 at 17:57
"Welcome To My World"
Edgy wrote:
> Be fair, if they let their kids play such games, aren't they the ones
> to blame - therefore, they shouldn't be able to sue for anything.
>
> The game has an age rating on it. Their fault, not Rockstars.

Exactly, rockstar are not to blame for this. Even at my school kids play on gta games during lunch and the teachers dont mind - they buy the games for us
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:33
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Matt is scouse mong.
>
> Fiction.

Fact.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.