GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That Vice City program last night..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 17:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What a load of utter guff. I've seriously never seen a more retarded attempt at a documentary.

The program is partly targeting kids playing games which they shouldn't due to age ratings, but then the BBC fantastically has two 14-year-old kids playing Vice City to illustrate it. Great work there, you bunch of hypocrites.

And I loved the interview with the American solicitor working for the families of the people who were killed/injured as a result of the shooting that Vice City supposedly was to blame for. "We're suing the boys, their parents, Wal-Mart, the store who sold the game, Rockstar and any other development company working for Rockstar. Oh, not to mention we're suing the boys' PlayStation for playing the game, their TV for allowing them to view it, their cabinet which stored it, plus the grass outside the house and some random car in Alabama."

These people have a right to be annoyed, but attempting to sue everything in sight really doesn't do well for them from other points of view. It sort of suggests money is more important to them than justice.

And my opinion on the matter?
Well, I think gaming is again being pointlessly used as a scapegoat by all those idiots that can't control their kids. What did the family have a rifle in their cupboard for anyway? I think that, and not a computer game featuring violence, should be blamed for the sheer stupidity of these kids.

[/rant]
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:57
Regular
"That's right!"
Hands up how many people have played GTA or a violent game?

*few hundred thousand hands go up*

Hands up how many people have imitated something they saw in said game?

*tumbleweed rolls past*

I rest my case. The partents are to blame, not the games.
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:47
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> DW wrote:
> AfroJoe spells his name with two l's.
>
> Callum. Eh? Eh? ;c)
>
> Garry.
>
> Arharhar.

I've changed my name now. Hayley!
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
DW wrote:
> AfroJoe spells his name with two l's.
>
> Callum. Eh? Eh? ;c)

Garry.

Arharhar.
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Lou Role wrote:
> Yes unfortunetly I did. I fail to see how that song helps anyone,
> apart from Busted, their songs seem half decent now.

Busted= shyte. End of story.
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:03
Regular
AfroJoe spells his name with two l's.

Callum. Eh? Eh? ;c)
Wed 05/05/04 at 19:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
AliBoy wrote:
> The guy was clearly a mong, did you hear the song one of them sang
> about vice city?

Yes unfortunetly I did. I fail to see how that song helps anyone, apart from Busted, their songs seem half decent now.
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I started a topic about this in the movie forum yesterday, and I've voiced my opinions in there, but I can't be bothered repeating them here.

:)
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The guy was clearly a mong, did you hear the song one of them sang about vice city?

The ESA guy summed it up perfectly for me with his views on the games and kids not being taught the right morals etc
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Teal'c"
Jmaul wrote:
> Exactly, rockstar are not to blame for this. Even at my school kids
> play on gta games during lunch and the teachers dont mind - they buy
> the games for us

Ahahahahah. You make me weeple, Jmaul.
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:33
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Matt is scouse mong.
>
> Fiction.

Fact.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.