GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box - Pah!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/04/01 at 22:00
Regular
I just don't think the X-Box will get all that much support...Sega maybe, but even money won't buy the help of Capcom and Konami...they have reputations to think of...We want games, there are enough cheapish DVD and CD plavers systems thingys in the world without adding them to something that should play games! Microsoft are going with the Irish...backwards...hence the Irish comment..(No offence)...

The Gamecube will deliver what people want, a cheapish console, great titles, purely for games a reliable system and lots of fun, what will microsoft bring, a few Ł1 Million lawyers and a case against Nintendo to say they aren't being fair...

The GBA is ace, the Gamecube will be, the X-Box is doomed for failure....and all because 'it is crap'...

Mini Questionnaire

1. What WILL be the most hated monstrosity in the world

A. The Statue of Liberty
B. The Gardens of Babylon
C. The Heap of 100 Million X-Box's in Bill Gates' back garden.

2. Who Likes Bill Gates

A. His Mother
B. His Computer
c. Lula the Virtual Babe that he has re-coded to perform his wildest fantasies

(Clue: None of the Above)

3. What do the X-Box and Sprouts have in common...

A. They Look Bad
B. They damage the image of that which they are associated with.
C. They Taste Bad....Well what else are you going to do with your bug ridden piece of crap you call an X-Box?!

Wed 18/04/01 at 02:44
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, tut tut..
I'm meant to be up in 4 hours, better go
Wed 18/04/01 at 02:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Me too, I was generalising :-)
Wed 18/04/01 at 02:28
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Still skulking around FM? Thought I was deserted..

(btw, I know 2 girls who can take on anyone at most games, and not just through button bashing)
Wed 18/04/01 at 02:25
Regular
Too right Pagey, my 6 year old nephew stuggles with Pokemon Blue a lot on his Gameboy, and my 8 year old niece doesn't have much luck either (but she's a girl, what do girls know about gaming...)

So they get Uncle FantasyMeister to help them out sometimes, and even I get stuck on the game. Maybe they should say 8+, but 30+ to finish it...
Tue 17/04/01 at 21:19
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
You know Pokémon games aren't aimed at five year olds. On the boxes it says for ages 8 and up! I'm not surprised considering Pokémon takes a lot of thought and strategy to finish or get anywhere.
Tue 17/04/01 at 14:08
Regular
Same one, but I don't know if the original huskies are still in it or not.

Remember the bit with the blood in the petri dish? That was a scary jumpy moment...
Tue 17/04/01 at 00:16
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Games announced so far include:
THE THING

As in Kurt Russel, John Carpenter, '82 classic and the blond one off vid's alleged favourite film of all time?
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:36
Regular
I wasn't sure if Metal Gear X was canned on the X-Box or not, can anyone clarify that?
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:30
Regular
;-)
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:30
Regular
I only say it about the games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.