GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"British Troops torture pics may be fake!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
In todays Mail on Sunday, there is a list of reasons why those pics showing British troops torturing an Iraqi may be fake, here they are:-

1. Each scene is remarkably static, with no sign of movement that would occur in such a vicious attack.

2. The pictures seem to be of remarkable quality.

3. If the victim did have a broken jaw and had teeth knocked out, why is there little sign of this on the mans shirt? And beleive me, if this had happened, there would have been a lot of blood, i know.

4. His T-Shirt shows the old Iraqi flag. According to reports, the victim is from the Shia stronghold of Basra, where hatred for all it represents is widespread.

5. Experts say the victim shows no sighs of being in such a violent attack. He should be in the foetal possition, with tense muscles. He is not.

6. He was supposed to have been hit in the genitals with the butt of a rifle, but he made no attempt to close his legs, usually an instant reaction.

7. The rifle being used is suspect. It is in strangly good condition for a rifle in a combat zone.

8. The soldiers ammunition webbing was left open, a breech on Army regulations.

9. The soldiers boots were not laced in in the standard Army way.

10. Tactical/ Unit badges should have been on the soldiers right arm, they were not there in the pictures.

11. The troopers kit looks brand new, like it could have been from Millets or the Internet.

12. The soldiers hands look very soft-more like clerical hands than those of a soldier in a combat zone.

13. The mirror claims the pictures were taken with a digital camera, but photo experts say these pictures are normally in colour.

So, very suspect indeed.
Wed 05/05/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Hmmm, what happened to the images of Iraqi people celebrating in the
> streets when the US tanks rolled into town? Remember how happy they
> were that we had arrived to save them (and that we weren't interested
> in their oil)...
>
> I guess the media weren't able to sustain that lie in the face of
> everything else.

Well it wasn't a lie seeing as that actually happened. I doubt the Iraqis would be listening to some Sky cameraman *right now lads if you can just cheer this time the US tanks roll in instead of pelting it with your shoes that'd be great. Right, Zack!!!! move that tank back out the city and come back in now will ya? Thanks.........right we ready? ACTION!!!!*
Wed 05/05/04 at 11:23
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hmmm, what happened to the images of Iraqi people celebrating in the streets when the US tanks rolled into town? Remember how happy they were that we had arrived to save them (and that we weren't interested in their oil)...

I guess the media weren't able to sustain that lie in the face of everything else.
Wed 05/05/04 at 11:20
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I can see why they did it. And that fact alone sorta lends weight to the argument that they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Wed 05/05/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I can understand why the Americans and if it's true the British troops have done what they have though. I mean if you spend months there getting pelted by angry mobs that you're trying to help, having to see your friends die in front of you and watching tv pictures of fellow comrades being hung from bridges and others shown absolutely no mercy and killed in cold blood when totally surrounded you're going to be a bit slightly miffed.

Of course it doesn't excuse their horrible actions i can just see why they would have done it
Wed 05/05/04 at 09:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Bejam wrote:
> I suppose it could be worse, we could have burnt the prisoners alive,
> mutilated their bodies and dragged them through the streets, hanging
> them from bridges and lamposts for the delight of blood-thirsty mobs.

Oh absolutely; at least we're civilised enough to keep our torture hidden from public view eh? Not like them there barbaric sand n!ggers who just can't wait to tear people to shreds in public. (please note use of irony along with use of n word)

Jesus...I'm sorry if I've gotten the wrong end of the stick here on what you're trying to say, but any implication of the Iraqi people or Somali people or ANY 3rd world people being somehow barbaric and more uncivilised than those in the west is easily answered;

The paedophile outcry, and the good people of Portsmouth with there random attacks on people who, basically, looked a bit funny. And lets not forget the people of (I think) Gwent, who hounded a paedeatrician from her home.
Wed 05/05/04 at 09:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I suppose it could be worse, we could have burnt the prisoners alive, mutilated their bodies and dragged them through the streets, hanging them from bridges and lamposts for the delight of blood-thirsty mobs.
Wed 05/05/04 at 09:39
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Somehow i doubt The Mirror would be too quick to take attention away
> from the American photographs

I don't think anyone was implying the Mirror created the photos.

By the way, in case anyone forgets, the US pictures are 100% genuine. And a new one today.. a video clip of a helicopter gunship firing to kill a man identified as wounded
Wed 05/05/04 at 09:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The rifle in question is used by the TA, some of which serve duty in Iraq. Really, the question over these photographs being true or faked isn't important... the Iraqi's weren't shocked by them - they KNEW this stuff is happening, photos or not. And that's unacceptable! It's supposed to be a war of liberation, remember!?

(PCT = Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist)
Wed 05/05/04 at 00:01
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Personally I don't think they are real but these pictures will have leaked in Arab countries and IF Bin Laden is still alive im sure he'll use such pictures in his 'preeching battle' towards 'The Holy War' and im sure the Iraqi people are far from impressed by the pictures they have seen regardless of them being fake or not - the damage has already been done.

I expect many resignations from the mirror if the outcome is that the pictures are fake and rightly so...look at the amount of cack printed by the the mirror and the sun on a daily basis ruining peoples lives and causing a stir to earn a few bob for themselves.

If it turns out that the pictures are authentic then shame on you America/Britain.
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Somehow i doubt The Mirror would be too quick to take attention away from the American photographs as after having the misfortune of reading that trash a few times they'd delight in having a go at the Americans any chance they get. That is why i think they're real but then the 100 odd reasons of why they're not real kind of sways me over to that side :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.