GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Price for Game Boy Adv.?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/04/01 at 18:52
Regular
Does any one know what price the GB ADV will be when released?
Will it be over the £150 tag?
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:26
Regular
It was very cold in the Olde days.
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
Are the prices of the games likely to change??
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:27
Regular
I think that it'll be about £100.

That's fine so long as the games cost no more than £25.

£30 is more or less acceptable but any higher than that and they can go to hell!

Why pay £40 for 16bit Snes games when you can get the likes of MGS2 or Gamecube games for cheaper!
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I don't think comparing prices on the handheld to those of the consoles is really valid.

Nintendo should charge more for the GBA games, adding £10 and £15 there, because the games are 'portable', and that obviously costs a lot more...
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:32
Regular
Maybe for the console because the GBA is portable but it shouldn't make any difference on the games.

GBA games are much cheaper to make that huge cinematic 3D games so why should Nintendo charge more for them?
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Although...

There is a certain shop pre-ordering GBA's for 79.99.. and pre-ordering titles for around 30 quid...
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Nintendo will charge whatever they think will make the highest profit for them and still maintain sales. They always have done. Look at CBFD for example, they used two excuses, 1) It was an 'adult' game therefore only adults should be able to afford it. 2) It was a 'big' cartridge.
Nintendo have always been this way, which is why they have always thrived in the market. High profit is good turnover allowing them to have better games and consoles produced.
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:54
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Although...

There is a certain shop pre-ordering GBA's for 79.99.. and pre-ordering titles for around 30 quid...

I don't know whether you are talking about a High Street retailer, but I think most people are waiting to see what the price will be.
Mon 16/04/01 at 22:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Well... I dont really want to go into too much detail here (for obvious reasons)...

However...

Their pitch is that you can pre-order a GBA for 79.99..

If it ends up costing less then they'll refund the outstanding amount...

Which, pretty much shows that they are as much in the dark as the rest of us...

Although equally... it shows what sort of prices many people are expecting to finally be asked???
Mon 16/04/01 at 23:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Microsoft... yes... Microsoft, have said the Gamecube shall come out
> at £160.

I told everyone that the GC will be £160 quid! and the DVDGC will be £220, can people listen!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.