GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I should be dead."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/04/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This is going into the darker parts of my mind
As you all know(or should do) i'm a evolutionist, i believe in survival of the fittest but that contradict's my own life, i'll explain.
When i was younger i was diagnosed with a serious medical condition, now without the interception of the doctors and their unnatural drugs i would be dead, and it occurred to me that i am pro-evolution and yet i have damaged it by being alive, if i had been born 100 years ago i would be dead.
Is medicine anti-evolution ?
Does it keep alive people that should be dead ?
Nature Vs Science
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:17
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Disingenuous wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> Religion created morality which is why i'm here, without morality we
> would have no doctors,
>
> You cannot possibly think that without religion we would not have
> morality? I think that debases us as a species, I am sure we cared
> for our loved ones and tried to preserve (and also harm) each other
> before notions of religion. Morality created religion, not the other
> way around.

I take it you don't believe the Bible? God created man. Man debased himself in the garden of Eden by sinning (going against God's commands). Morality is very much more a product of God than man.
Sat 01/05/04 at 17:45
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> *books a hurst*

Ahahah.
Sat 01/05/04 at 17:24
Regular
"8==="
Steven Hawking would probably have been dead/subjected to some barbaric treatments 100 years ago.

Being able to save the smart ones has got to be pro-evolution right?
Sat 01/05/04 at 17:21
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
You can only say you SHOULD be dead if you believe that your life is part of some kind of plan that SHOULD have ended but you defied. However I don't believe in fate so I simply think you got lucky and it's up to you to make the most of the time you've been given.
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:55
Regular
Disingenuous wrote:
> You cannot possibly think that without religion we would not have
> morality? I think that debases us as a species, I am sure we cared
> for our loved ones and tried to preserve (and also harm) each other
> before notions of religion. Morality created religion, not the other
> way around.

I agree.

The world is full of people with secular beliefs and moralities, they still fundamentally care about the wellbeing of others.
If anything that nurturing instinct is a key part of our evolution - helping people survive when they're vulnerable means far more people survive and reproduce, ensuring the continuation of the species.

If only the flawless people who never needed help could survive, the human race would probably never have made it this far.

(Though I still stand by the opinion that it's all just a bunch of stuff that happened, with no design to 'improve' the species and no morals underlying evolution. Even if you did gain advantage from actions of people with different religious beliefs, it's still just a bunch of stuff that happened. No real right or wrong behind it.)

Also, even religious types would probably object to the idea that they only act in a moral way because they fear god or want to get into heaven.
Sat 01/05/04 at 12:05
Regular
Forest Fan - Crime has always been bad. It's just now that more people are reporting it that statistics are higher.
Sat 01/05/04 at 11:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Forest Fan wrote:
> The world's not getting a better place, just look at the amount of
> crime, violence and terror around.

And thats before or after including the Gallaghers?
Sat 01/05/04 at 11:41
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Let's not debate religion again, eh? We're doing that on other threads. Just post whether Flockheart should be alive or not. (Or dead or not)
Sat 01/05/04 at 10:07
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> The world's not getting a better place, just look at the amount of
> crime, violence and terror around.

You block head, are you seriously suggesting that modern society (the one we live in) is worse or getting poorer than the slums and poverty in Victorian Britain or the brutal society seen in the coliseum in Imperial Rome (as morbidly interesting as that may be)?

The world is getting better, you are getting worse. Sorry to bite your head off but please actually turn what’s left of your brain on before posting in future.
Sat 01/05/04 at 10:02
Regular
Flockhart wrote:
> Religion created morality which is why i'm here, without morality we
> would have no doctors,

You cannot possibly think that without religion we would not have morality? I think that debases us as a species, I am sure we cared for our loved ones and tried to preserve (and also harm) each other before notions of religion. Morality created religion, not the other way around.

Furthermore, advanced medicine is a product of evolution. The fittest societies survive, such as Western capitalist civilization for example (proving fitter than modern totalitarianism). Your treatment is a by product of that and thus in a way you have survived due to natural selection in some abstract way. Furthermore, I have always held it to be true that our species is more concerned with just surviving rather than creating a breed of super humans.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.