GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I should be dead."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/04/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This is going into the darker parts of my mind
As you all know(or should do) i'm a evolutionist, i believe in survival of the fittest but that contradict's my own life, i'll explain.
When i was younger i was diagnosed with a serious medical condition, now without the interception of the doctors and their unnatural drugs i would be dead, and it occurred to me that i am pro-evolution and yet i have damaged it by being alive, if i had been born 100 years ago i would be dead.
Is medicine anti-evolution ?
Does it keep alive people that should be dead ?
Nature Vs Science
Sat 01/05/04 at 21:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I guess therefore natural evolution has arguably been taken so far that it has allowed us to utilise artificial evolution to the same effect?

Here's a little enigma - if all humans suddenly were made to have night vision implants in their eyes, so we could all see in the dark, would that then count as evolution or rather 'artificial' evolution, given the context of society today.
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:24
"period drama"
I'd rather have a tail and monkey hand-feet.
Give me these and I'll willingly slaughter any friends and family that may get in the way.
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:20
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> This is why we won't evolve any further - because medical and
> technological advances have made it impossible. Because it's no
> longer survival of the fittest - it's survival of everyone.
> And I'd rather have that, than know that my friends and family have
> died so we can have gills in a million years.

Indeed. I was thinking about this little dilema, and thought to myself that we don't need natural evolution anymore because we have technological evolution. As we create the technology and improve on it we in fact have the speediest and most effecient method of evolution on the planet. Besides, scientists will probably be able to alter your DNA structure to get those gills in 50 years or so.

You can have the best of both worlds, gills and your friends and family. Maybe.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:41
Regular
"should i be dead?"
Think about it if you should be dead you will be. if you could change the future then it would just be re-written. who knows if we follow a path or if we make it up as we plod along at the end of the day we are alive now and thats all that matters. live for the now not the tomorrow as tomorrow will never come as each day is today so who give a fcuk.....and now im confused, what were we talking about........................................... hi im nikon can i help you?
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:37
Regular
"8==="
apart from the Death Penalty.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:33
"period drama"
Attempted survival of everyone.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:29
Regular
"8==="
It's only 'survivial of everyone' if you're in a well-off country.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:28
Regular
"8==="
Archangel wrote:
>
> I take it

These religious-types are always hiding something. :D
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:24
"period drama"
This is why we won't evolve any further - because medical and technological advances have made it impossible. Because it's no longer survival of the fittest - it's survival of everyone.
And I'd rather have that, than know that my friends and family have died so we can have gills in a million years.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Archangel wrote:
> God created man.

No, "God" didn't.
And would you pair stop bringing religion into every single funking thread?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.