GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brothers In Arms"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brothers in Arms'.
Wed 16/03/05 at 00:08
Regular
"Hesh wants poppers!"
Hey all,
was just trying to get some 'intelligent' opinions on which console to purchase this most lovely game for - narrowed my ever so indecisive mind to my personal computer, or indeed my 'xbox'. Any thoughts, advantages or even random cursing would be much appreciated.
Tue 22/03/05 at 19:50
Regular
Put it up to normal or difficult you cheap dirty kraut.
Mon 21/03/05 at 23:29
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
My only gripe with this game so far is the enemy AI. Im only part of the way through so I havent encountered any elite enemies yet. But at the moment all the germans seem to do is wait behind barrels and stuff untill you flank them. They never really attack you or fall back. Has anyone else found this?, does it get better as you progress? or is it only cause im playin it on the easy difficulty level?
Sun 20/03/05 at 10:24
Regular
I've pretty much played CoD and CoD:UO atleast twice a week for about 7 months now.
They are excellent, I got Brothers in Arms yesterday for X-Box and I have to say it is great. Online is good on LIVE, what is it like on PC?
Sat 19/03/05 at 21:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm fed up with WWII FPS's. After playing Call Of Duty pretty much every day for the whole of December, I will be happy never to see another Thompson or Panzerfaust ever again. Or I might just wait a few months.
Sat 19/03/05 at 21:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Got it this morning, and actually enjoying allot more than I thought I would. It's a far more tactical game than anything Medal of Honor or Call of Duty provides. Don't expect to zip around in tanks and kill thousands of German soldiers in one sitting either, it's emphasis is on realism where gung-ho tactics will get you killed.

I have to say, the squad options are brilliantly implemented. Hold right click and an icon will appear, move it over an area and let go of the button and your squad mates will move to that area.

What impresses the most is that the AI of your team-mates reacts to the environments around them, they won't blindly charge through open fields while dozens of Germans shoot at them, they'll dive for the closest cover, laying down surprising fire as they move.

Enjoyable so far, good graphics, great sound and the authenticity doesn't stop the game from being fun.
Fri 18/03/05 at 23:37
Regular
"8==="
It's tactical. You have to order your squad about to win.

Sometimes you get to order tanks.
Fri 18/03/05 at 22:21
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Is this actually any good?
Are there driving sections, etc or is it a staight-out shooter?
Wed 16/03/05 at 00:44
Regular
"Hesh wants poppers!"
oh no come on, be my guest
Wed 16/03/05 at 00:23
Regular
"8==="
Damn, I was just building up to the random cursing.
Wed 16/03/05 at 00:16
Regular
"Hesh wants poppers!"
ah cheers ma dears, yes it was the multiplayer side I was worried about but I think my second pc should be able to handle it
thanks alot guys!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.