GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problemo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/04/04 at 07:55
Regular
": ("
My mate is having some problems with his PC, everytime he goes on the internet it lets him on for about 5 mins and then it will come up with a little promt saying something like "System has to shutdown" (its actually nothing like that but its similar) and then it countsdown from 60 seconds and the hold computer shuts down.

So, whats the dealio?
Fri 30/04/04 at 07:55
Regular
My mate is having some problems with his PC, everytime he goes on the internet it lets him on for about 5 mins and then it will come up with a little promt saying something like "System has to shutdown" (its actually nothing like that but its similar) and then it countsdown from 60 seconds and the hold computer shuts down.

So, whats the dealio?
Fri 30/04/04 at 08:24
Regular
Does he have his Internet Connection Firewall turned off?

I used to have this a while ago. It turned out my ICF was off. I turned it on and haven't had the problem since.
Fri 30/04/04 at 09:02
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Your friend has the blaster virus by the sounds of things
This is a pain for win xp users that haven't updated their OS yet....
goto www.norton.com.....click on bottom left where it says: "Download Virus Removal Tool"
click on the W32.Blaster.Worm link and then scroll down the page to get the fixblast.exe......disconnect from the internet and run the fix blast, this will remove the virus
Then goto http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to update OS so you won't get the virus again.....you would also want to remove any system restore points as you would get the virus again if your restored your system to a point when you had the virus
Fri 30/04/04 at 14:38
Regular
msblast.

T'is a virus that hit the world in August last year.
Fri 30/04/04 at 17:14
Regular
Thanks for the help, i've spoken to my mate and hes got broadband now. So it might work now .
Fri 30/04/04 at 19:01
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
people still get this, need service pack 2 so they can force everyone to upgrade to stop this stupid virus or any other virus from spreading, if only people used WindowsUpdate.com its free and there for a reason
(more flaming etc...) tbh all microsofts fault, they should force people to download there updates
Fri 30/04/04 at 19:53
Regular
I dont update my PC because it creates icons on my Desktop which i dont even need.
Fri 30/04/04 at 19:57
Regular
"Digging!"
Stridman™ wrote:
> I dont update my PC because it creates icons on my Desktop which i
> dont even need.

I have never had windows update do that (you only have to install the critical updates).
Sat 01/05/04 at 10:49
Regular
I dont know why but its doing the same thing on my computer now, i haven't done anything for it to start doing this. It says something about "System Shutdown" and then it counts down from 60 seconds and restarts my computer.
WHY ME!!!????
Sat 01/05/04 at 10:54
Regular
Stridman, listen. Its a virus.

It hit the world in August last year, and goes under the name of "msblast.exe", you get it because there is a slight flaw in windowsXP which allows the virus to infect your computer without you even doing anything.

This is what you have to do, restart your machine, go to Start -> Run, type in "cmd" then you should get a command prompt, slap in "shutdown -a", this prevents the machine from shutting down all the time from the virus.

Now go and get yourself a virus checker [URL]http://www.grisoft.com[/URL], clean your machine from the virus and THEN DO WINDOWS UPDATE, it's essential that you do this. Microsoft have a patched up the hole now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.