GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paedo's take over the world!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/04/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Well, It's finally happened, the ' everyone is a paedophile' culture that is sweeping this country has arrived with Microsoft sneaking the closure of the MSN directory, as well as there chat rooms about a month ago (chat rooms longer ago).

Lets be honest, anyone could be a paedo, but there are no less of them than there were 14 years ago, when I was going round my local town until the early hours of the evening on my bmx.

This is a direct result of the tabliods blowing everthing out of proportion and Rupert Murdoch forcing his opinions upon everyone else

The constant tabloid 'scares' are causing the current generation to grow up in a ultra-protected enviroment, and people wonder why teenagers are becoming so out of control, its because they are so sheltered during there formative ages.

In all, its parents being lazy on the internet side. They should be supervising there children when they use the internet, not constantly, but occassionaly enquiring what they are doing, because there are some weirdo's out there, but If I went to meet someone, you really should know where your kids are!

I'll agree, Ian Huntly/Maxine Carr was slightly different, it was someone in a position where he should not have been, and it hasn't been blown out of proportion, people in these postions, like me (I still help out at cubs and scouts) should have full CRB checks etc.

No-one can be protected totally, I could meet another type of madman who kills me tommorrow, its just as likely as me meeting a paedo.

Personally, the member directory was extremly useful, especially for finding out who's who (and then blocking anyone who I don't want to speak to.

Comments please
Thu 29/04/04 at 07:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It may be that, or server problems. But your theory is more likely, due to the amount of paranoia in the world nowadays.
Thu 29/04/04 at 07:34
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Actually, it wasn't disclosed why the directory was closed.
Though it's highly probably that's the reason.
Wed 28/04/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Well, It's finally happened, the ' everyone is a paedophile' culture that is sweeping this country has arrived with Microsoft sneaking the closure of the MSN directory, as well as there chat rooms about a month ago (chat rooms longer ago).

Lets be honest, anyone could be a paedo, but there are no less of them than there were 14 years ago, when I was going round my local town until the early hours of the evening on my bmx.

This is a direct result of the tabliods blowing everthing out of proportion and Rupert Murdoch forcing his opinions upon everyone else

The constant tabloid 'scares' are causing the current generation to grow up in a ultra-protected enviroment, and people wonder why teenagers are becoming so out of control, its because they are so sheltered during there formative ages.

In all, its parents being lazy on the internet side. They should be supervising there children when they use the internet, not constantly, but occassionaly enquiring what they are doing, because there are some weirdo's out there, but If I went to meet someone, you really should know where your kids are!

I'll agree, Ian Huntly/Maxine Carr was slightly different, it was someone in a position where he should not have been, and it hasn't been blown out of proportion, people in these postions, like me (I still help out at cubs and scouts) should have full CRB checks etc.

No-one can be protected totally, I could meet another type of madman who kills me tommorrow, its just as likely as me meeting a paedo.

Personally, the member directory was extremly useful, especially for finding out who's who (and then blocking anyone who I don't want to speak to.

Comments please

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.