GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to write a covering letter..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 12:51
Regular
...without starting every sentence "I'm..."

Please help!
Thu 29/04/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Staffie 2"
LOL at both of you.

( :
Thu 29/04/04 at 10:45
Regular
You're going for the astronaut internship too?

I'll never top an application like that :^D
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:59
"Darth Vader 3442321"
My covering letter to join NASA

I'm probably the best astronut you've never had, yet. I say astronut beacause I really really really really really really really really really really really really want to be a spaceman. I wanted to go into space ever since I saw that shuttle explode seconds after take off on TV. There are some Russians in a space station.

I would really like to meet the monkeys and dogs that you send into space and see how they fly the spaceships. I am the best at Tekken and have really quick reflexes. I won the under 8's Befordshire Centre Parc open snap tournament 5 years running. I won the first event aged 7. So I can disguise myself well, good for spying on sattelites! I beat the same blind kid every year in the first round final.

I have a low attention span and find it difficult to concentrate for extended periods of time and very accident prone. I am one finger typing this with my left hand as I fell of my bike due to my poor balance and low IQ. Sometimes I see dead people, but I am currently working in a morgue. The skills I have in this job are tranferable as the morgue is very quiet and so is space. In fact space is a big vaccuum and sucks up the noise. I don't think the space suit will fit me as I am not very fit and I don't like confined spaces.

I have thought up a good name for my space shuttle: Buffy.

My dad is very rich.
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
A lot of it depends on what the person flashing intends, their mens rhea (SP?) and how it makes the other person feel.
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:28
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> If he were to flash some woman who was on her own in a secluded park
> at 2am then would it fit the definition of a place where two or more
> people may see?

I think so, it was constructed for scenarios where 2 people could potentially have seen, ie) there could have been 2 people in the car park.

Though if you were to carry that line of thought, I'm sure it'd be possible to come up with a situation where someone could make sure only 1 person could be able to see.

But that'd probably be a different offence, a sexual assualt as it would have to be targetted at a specific individual.
Then the other offence would be for general indecency directed at the public at large.

So maybe the dark car park wouldn't fit the first test. Or it could be both...
I don't know. My memory of the finer details of the law are as dusty as the books I learned them from
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Yeah, I could go and dig my notes out, but I'm a lazy-lazy man.

There are many different offences. The two that we were taught were that ones we're most likely to come across, such as a bloke flashing.

If he were to flash some woman who was on her own in a secluded park at 2am then would it fit the definition of a place where two or more people may see?

As I said, many different offences all open to interpretation.

The ones we looked at were in the Vagrancy Act…and I can’t remember the other of hand.
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:13
Regular
Hmm, I thought the definition for the criminal offence of indecent exposure was along the lines of exposure (of an indecent kind, obviously) in a situation where at least 2 members of the public could potentially see.
There was a case with a bloke swimming naked in the sea, he claimed the defence that the act was necessary for his health.
It would have been successful had he needed to swim naked for the sake of his health, but as he could have got the same benefits with swimming trunks he failed.

Obviously we're looking at things from very different angles and the judicial tests won't exactly match with police powers.
And it was a couple of years since I studied it.

I would go dig out the details but, well, I don't want to :^)
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Depends really on where you are.
If you're just in an empty car park and you're two consenting adults I should imagine that the officer would consider the embarrassment of being caught punishment enough.

It could be outraging public decency, and you could be charged. There is no one answer; it all depends on many things.

Indecent exposure is not an arrestable offence, but you may be arrested for it.

I will try to explain.

An arrestable offence is one where you can be imprisoned for 5 or more years if you’re 18 or over and it’s a first time offence.

Indecent exposure is not this.

Indecent exposure as a male, basically “flashing”, is an offence for which we have a statutory power of arrest, but it’s not an arrestable offence.

Indecent exposure, which can be committed by men and women to the “annoyance of residents or passers by”, which could be people having sex in a public place is not arrestable and we don’t have a statutory power, but we do have a power under something called Section 25 of the Police And Criminal Evidence Act. To arrest for that there have to be contributing factors, such as to protect a child or vulnerable person.

Making any sense?
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Ahaha. No, seriously, I always wondered. Would it have a custodial sentence? What would it even be? Indecent exposure?
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:41
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
or HIV

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.