GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snapshot Moments"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/04/04 at 20:30
Regular
"cachoo"
..or Flashbulb Memories.

Have any of you ever heard of these? A snapshot moment or a flashbulb memory? You probably have, but never mind, eh?

Got this book, called Learn To Remember shush
But I was having a little read of it the other day, and it brought the snapshot moment subject up.
This is what it said:

"Do you remember what you were doing when you heard of Princess Diana's death (August 31, 1997) ?

When a very shocking event takes place, often we recall a host of trivial details that occured in our lives at the same time, such as 'where we were', or 'who we were with'. Those are called flashbulb memories. Blah blah blah..

Anyways. Write me your snapshot moments. And.. can you remember what you were doing and who you were with when you found out about Princess Di? Or even 9/11? Or any other good/bad memory?
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:11
Regular
"None Stored"
phi11ip wrote:
> I was watching Nickelodeon at the time when this message came up
> asking me to change to Sky News for a statement about Diana.

Same, it was about 7:30am and I was watching 'Bruno the Kid'. The cartoon about a junior spy, with the voice of Bruce Willis.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
When diana died i was watching tv and the news was on when it shouldnt have been, but to be honest i didnt care she was dead. On 9/11 i had walked home from school because i finished early as usual, i flicked on the tv and watched it for a while, then there was a news flash and it showed the first burning tower, then the 2nd plane hit, then they both fell.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
On 9/11 I only found out from my mother on the car journey home, there had been very little in school about it. My mum's friend's husband was almost on one of the planes that crashed, but he was due to be on the next flight. Very lucky man.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Diana - I came down one sunday morning everyone was sitting at the breakfast table, the t.v wasnt on and they just said she had died in a car accident and i thought they were winding me up.

9/11 - I woke up late in the afternoon, switched on the tv and saw some building that was on fire, didnt think much of it until they showed what happened, and i sat on my bed thinking the worlds gone mad while i've been asleep, i presumed it was a accident until the second plane.

And to add another

Jill dando - Coming home from school in a minibus, turned on the radio heard jill dando shot dead outside her home, my first thought was what the f**k was going on, it was unreal.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Flockhart wrote:
> Jill dando - Coming home from school in a minibus, turned on the
> radio heard jill dando shot dead outside her home, my first thought
> was what the f**k was going on, it was unreal.

I can't say I can remember where I was when this happened, though I do remember the horrible details.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:58
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
How about....Take That spitting up?

With the Queen Mother thing like Timmargh said...i was at work leaning on the beer pumps and a customer told me..
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Princess Diana: I was away in the Lake District with my Brother and Parents, and for some reason we were all awake at 4:00am so we flicked on the Tv. It was plastered all over it.

9/11: Just gone back to school, and was waiting at the bus stop after school. I overhead some random old guy talking about aeroplanes and thought nothing of it, until I got off the bus where my Mum proceeded to tell me.
Mon 26/04/04 at 23:16
Regular
Tue 27/04/04 at 07:51
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
When the princess died I really couldn't have cared less so I've no idea.

9/11 - I was at work but husband was at home. He was watching a video that morning and stopped it to get a drink. At the same time that he stopped it they were showing the first tower going and he originally thought it was a Bruce Willis movie, until he came back in from the kitchen and heard the dialogue. He called me and I called my boss, who was at an exhibition. They juggled around with penknives to get a picture on the TV which was on the stand and I got told there was a huge crowd gathered on our stand as no one else in the hall had heard about it.

Queen mum? I remember being sad but nothing else about the time.
Tue 27/04/04 at 08:53
Regular
"Selected"
it sounds really tacky when people here say "I woke up for no reason on the morn of Di's death, it woh reet weird" like they had some spiritual link with her or something...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.