GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snapshot Moments"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/04/04 at 20:30
Regular
"cachoo"
..or Flashbulb Memories.

Have any of you ever heard of these? A snapshot moment or a flashbulb memory? You probably have, but never mind, eh?

Got this book, called Learn To Remember shush
But I was having a little read of it the other day, and it brought the snapshot moment subject up.
This is what it said:

"Do you remember what you were doing when you heard of Princess Diana's death (August 31, 1997) ?

When a very shocking event takes place, often we recall a host of trivial details that occured in our lives at the same time, such as 'where we were', or 'who we were with'. Those are called flashbulb memories. Blah blah blah..

Anyways. Write me your snapshot moments. And.. can you remember what you were doing and who you were with when you found out about Princess Di? Or even 9/11? Or any other good/bad memory?
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:30
Regular
"cachoo"
..or Flashbulb Memories.

Have any of you ever heard of these? A snapshot moment or a flashbulb memory? You probably have, but never mind, eh?

Got this book, called Learn To Remember shush
But I was having a little read of it the other day, and it brought the snapshot moment subject up.
This is what it said:

"Do you remember what you were doing when you heard of Princess Diana's death (August 31, 1997) ?

When a very shocking event takes place, often we recall a host of trivial details that occured in our lives at the same time, such as 'where we were', or 'who we were with'. Those are called flashbulb memories. Blah blah blah..

Anyways. Write me your snapshot moments. And.. can you remember what you were doing and who you were with when you found out about Princess Di? Or even 9/11? Or any other good/bad memory?
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:36
Regular
Haha excellent.

Just bringing up those subjects I managed to conjur up some long forgotten things. Like where I was when 9/11 happened.
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ms NY wrote:
> Anyways. Write me your snapshot moments. And.. can you remember what
> you were doing and who you were with when you found out about
> Princess Di? Or even 9/11? Or any other good/bad memory?

I remember the day well. I was just 8, and I recall waking up extremely early for no apparant reason. I don't remember why I woke up at about 6/7am, but I quickly proceeded down to the sitting room and flipped on the television. Scouring the channels, I realised that many were News bulletins. "Princess Diana has died", it didn't sound something overwhelmingly important at the time, maybe I thought that Princess Diana was one of the more elder of the royal family, I was only eight. When I told my parents a couple of hours later they told me that I must be getting confused with somebody else, then I showed them the pictures I'd seen by turning on the TV. I saw the face of Diana. I suddenly realised who had died, as that face seemed very familiar.
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:47
Regular
": ("
Ashman wrote:
> Ms NY wrote:
> Anyways. Write me your snapshot moments. And.. can you remember what
> you were doing and who you were with when you found out about
> Princess Di? Or even 9/11? Or any other good/bad memory?
>
> I remember the day well. I was just 8, and I recall waking up
> extremely early for no apparant reason. I don't remember why I woke
> up at about 6/7am, but I quickly proceeded down to the sitting room
> and flipped on the television. Scouring the channels, I realised that
> many were News bulletins. "Princess Diana has died", it
> didn't sound something overwhelmingly important at the time, maybe I
> thought that Princess Diana was one of the more elder of the royal
> family, I was only eight. When I told my parents a couple of hours
> later they told me that I must be getting confused with somebody
> else, then I showed them the pictures I'd seen by turning on the TV.
> I saw the face of Diana. I suddenly realised who had died, as
> that face seemed very familiar.

You must be almost the same age as me then, when i was 7 (i think) i was the first person in my house to find out the news, im special.
She must have decided to wake up all of the kids instead of the adults to hear the news. No...
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's ironic, but I need to be reminded of major events to conjur up flashbulb moments.
I can remember exactly how I was told, and where I was at the time for the aforementioned events, though.

Oh, and I need to look at the floor.
*Ahem*
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:50
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Princess Diana-I was..about..12, yes i was 12, it was a sunday morning and this was back when me and my sister had bunk beds. I was on the top bunk just woke up and my older sister came in to tell me. We then went shopping in sainsburys with my nan and my mum and that and i remember they was replacing the News of the World. When Diana was first injured their front page was 'Dodi Dead, Diana Critical'..then they had to change the headlines in the night when she died.

With the 9/11 thing, It was one of my first days at college and also my last. I went to the pub with my mate Mark and never went back to college. 9/11 was on a Tuesday and the Friday before I started going out with someone from my job. So i was in the pub and they put up the big screens to show the news on while i sat in the pub playing cards with my new friends and telling them about my new boyfriend and our first date which was that night. I went on my date, we went to another pub and then to the cinema. The news was on the big screens in that pub too. I was with that bloke for 16 months after that day!
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
9/11.

Was my 2nd day back at school or something and I was in the DT workshop. I remember, about a minute before I cut my finger on a saw and was wiping the blood away when the teacher from next door's class came running in saying there was something on the news we should see. We all thought it was something trivial so we were all laughing about what it could be. Then my mate tripped over and we were all laughing as we walked in and then we saw the news it was like 'oh s**t'. Yeh, remember it all.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:13
Regular
"??????"
I remember what happened on 9/11.

I was at home during the school holidays, and I'd just come down from playing on the PlayStation when I saw the video footage of the first plane going in. Then soon, I saw the second one going in.

The first Assembly of school was all about it.
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Space Shuttle Challenger: I was off school ill, wrapped in a blanket and lay on the settee watching TV.

Princess Di: I saw the first news report of the accident (she was still alive then) in the early hours of the morning on BBC1. Dad told me she had died when I got up.

9/11: I was sat in the lounge watching TV when the news report started again on BBC1. I sat there and watched the whole thing as it unfolded, including when the first tower collapsed and they thought it was a bomb going off.

Queen Mother: I was visiting the missus' mum in hospital when a nurse came into the room (which had four beds in it) and told everyone that she'd died.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I was watching Nickelodeon at the time when this message came up asking me to change to Sky News for a statement about Diana.

9/11 I was in school when a teacher told me that it didn't sound like a very good day to be in an aeroplane. This was just near the beginning so it was rumours like a fighter plane with explosives etc...

Queen Mother, not sure, but I think I was at a hockey tournament when they told everyone during the presentation and we all had a minutes silence.

Can't remember much else...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.