GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memorable scenes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
When you think of all the films you have watched what are the scenes that have never left you ?
Whether it be a look, a phrase, a piece of music or anything else, what sticks in your mind ?
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The shoot out in the Hospital at the end of Hard Boiled. Just amazing
> action choreography that never slows up for a second.

I watched that too, it was awesome.
Sun 25/04/04 at 23:54
Regular
the bit on predator 2 where king willy is killed - where it gradually appears as it walks through the puddle
Mon 26/04/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Defend the Bud"
The bit in The Big Lebowski when walter (John Goodman) is scattering donny's ashes into the sea from atop a cliff (the wind picks up) and and the ashes of the recently departed Donny are blown all over the Dude (Jeff Bridges) where they settle into his beard, this scene is made funnier because they would not buy a receptical for their freind and are so using a coffee tin. Pure class from the coens.
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
- The milk bottle melting in 'Threads'

- The first news broadcast in 'Night of the Living Dead', when you realise that this isn't just happening at an isolated farmhouse, but all over the world.

- The last scene of Blakes 7, when all the hero's are gunned down and the bad guys win.
Mon 26/04/04 at 18:04
Regular
the lawnmower scene in braindead
Mon 26/04/04 at 18:13
Regular
"cachoo"
Adaptation - When they're all playing in the lake at the end.. I want to be a baby again, I wanna be new, I wanna be new and Charlie's 'I should get a coffee' moment whilst trying to write.
American Beauty - 'Plastic Bag Theme' Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it.. and my heart is just going to cave in.
Girl, Interrupted - Her little speech. Maybe I was crazy. Or maybe it was just the '60s. Or maybe I was just a girl, interrupted

Thass all for now.
Tue 27/04/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Grosse Pointe Blank - the shoot-out involving the frying pan; Dan Ackroyd wearing a TV

Matrix: Reloaded - the Chateau fight scene

Monty Python's Life Of Brian - Brian meets Pontious Pilate: "Stwike him centuwion, vewy wuffly!"

Monty Python's Holy Grail - the knights who say Ni!

Aliens - when the guy pops his head up through the trapdoor and sees the swarm crawling towards him *shivers*
Tue 27/04/04 at 00:38
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Any scene in Pulp Fiction theyre all great
Tue 27/04/04 at 00:38
Regular
"Insert Gently"
The Samuel L. Jackson speech at the start
Tue 27/04/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> American Beauty - 'Plastic Bag Theme' Sometimes there's so much
> beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it.. and my heart is
> just going to cave in.

I'd say the closing monologue is the best part of that film.I'm going to see if i can find it.

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die.
First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time...
For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars...
And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street...
Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper...
And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird...
And Janie...
And Janie...
And... Carolyn.
I guess I could be pretty p*ssed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...
...and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...
You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry...
You will someday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.