GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony Vs Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/04/01 at 16:05
Regular
Sony win hands down. Better consoles, more up to date marketing attracting more gamers, not just kiddies, and definitely a larger variety of gameplay, with better graphics, FMV easily accessible and adding to the enjoyment of games, cheaper products, better peripherals, and a larger userbase.

What do you think?
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sony win hands down. Better consoles, more up to date marketing attracting more gamers, not just kiddies, and definitely a larger variety of gameplay, with better graphics, FMV easily accessible and adding to the enjoyment of games, cheaper products, better peripherals, and a larger userbase.

What do you think?
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:10
Regular
Not much. Those damn newbies have drowned my senses.
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:10
I used to be Ninty through and through but as most of what you said is true, it makes much more sense to move my loyalties to Sony!

Hooray for PS2!
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:12
Actually it was the pads that won me over!
SNES pads are the best pad the world done seen.
N64 pads were indeed pants, but PSX on the other hand...
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:14
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nintendo - Purely because of their innovation, I don't see any VRS's on the Playstation, okay so there are dance mats but over half of the peripherals for the Playstation aren't made by Sony, just by some money grabbing company trying to pawn off the success of the console.

Nintendo are the masters of innovation, they have Pokémon Mario and all sorts, they have the industry's best interests at hand where as Sony, as shown by the launch of the Playstation 2 only look out for Sony...

Nintendo have and will continue to concentrate on the only thing that makes the industry a success...to be frank, I don't really want interactive movies, I want games and that is what Nintendo offer...games! And darned good ones at that.

There are obviously a lot of factors we need to think of when looking at something like this but looking to the future, it seems as though all the things FM mentioned like price etc will work Nintendo's way in the future.

We can't go back into the past, the games industry is all about good games, and making them better, and as 'classic' as the old games might be they are not the way forward. So, again looking into the future Nintendo seem to be taking the right path...

Trust Me - Nintendo know what they're doing!
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:16
Regular
With people around with FM's IQ, Sony can't lose.
It's marketed towards idiots and there's so many around it's a huge sucess.

Nintendo's way too good to be popular!
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:17
Regular
Let me copy and paste my posts from the Playstation forum....
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:18
Surely one of the reasons that N64 was so pants was because only Nintendo produced games (and Rare obviously) were any good. This was because Nintendo were not helpful with there 3rd party developers need for knowledge, whereas Sony were quite forthcoming with the info forthere 3rd party developers, hence a larger number of quality titles were produced!
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The Gamecube will be the only next gen console not able to play DVDs and CD music, that troubles me.

Nintendo stuck with the cartridge format for the last 10 years, that put me right off.

Nintendo have Mario......not my style.

Nintendo put an RRP of Ł60 on CBFD. Not good.

Sony still win.
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:20
Dan_uk wrote:
> With people around with FM's IQ, Sony can't lose.
It's marketed
> towards idiots and there's so many around it's a huge
> sucess.

Nintendo's way too good to be popular!

Nintendo is marketed at kids!
Are you telling me Pokemon (Nintendo's saviour) is for anyone?

(Insane Japanese businessmen aside)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.