GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC3200 RAM"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I ideally want to pay less than £80 and want 512mB. However, I have an Abit NF7 motherboard (NForce2) and was wondering what would be the best ram I could/should get and from where!

I'll let you guys beaver away on that one!!
Tue 27/04/04 at 22:33
Regular
Geil are used by overclockers a lot and they get some pretty massive speeds from them.

Colin
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:51
"I love yo... lamp."
Geil are decent enough. Don't know what chips they use though, so I can't tell you what sort of overclocks to expect.
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
LOL.... the double pack I was on about was the 1GB dual channel pack....

:D Yay
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:29
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i got a 512mb 400mhz (pc3200) with copper heatsinks made by an unknown manufacurer from none other than HONG KONG!! it cost about £60 including postage, where a kingston (although they are tested for longer etc) costs £70 inc postage without the heatsinks.

but i think 2x 256mb is much much better because you will get a cushy 800mhz out of it (if you get 256mb 400mhz)

so it costs a bit more but speed is always better than capticity in the right measures
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Gah.... considering all the bad info on TwinMos, especially on the newer stock, I don't think I'll bother....

Has anyone heard anything bad of Geil RAM? I thought I might get that as its £70 for 512MB of CAS2.5 or £140 for a dual channel pack, and I think they do some decent cooling etc packs on thier ones....

(see [URL]www.overclockers.co.uk[/URL] for info)
Mon 26/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Do you reckon the standard TwinMos stuff (CL2.5 DDR400) would be alright, as I can't really afford to pay £80-90 for one stick of RAM- that's as much as my 2800+ processor!
Sun 25/04/04 at 22:05
"I love yo... lamp."
No problems at all.

I bought mine from Ebuyer 4 months ago, two sticks, £45.53 each. I had read that RAM prices were going up, but that is ridiculous, a quick check and the same RAM is now £84.62 per stick. So um, not sure. I bought a third stick for a second system for £50 including postage on Ebay, new from one of the shops. Could try that.
Sun 25/04/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> As I have said before, an Abit NF7-S.
Oh yeah.... lol

And you've had no problems at all with it? Plus where would I be able to get a stick of the stuff for £45-50? (was that from a 256mb stick?) On overclcokers its about £60!
Sun 25/04/04 at 21:45
"I love yo... lamp."
As I have said before, an Abit NF7-S.
Sun 25/04/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> That confused me. I'm running two sticks of it, in dual channel mode,
> at the moment. Had it overclocked to 227 MHz at CAS 2.5 timings on
> only 2.6V. Which is good.

What motherboard are you using?

What I was referring to was the comments I'd read on sites, and on the Overclcokers site, that TwinMos ram doesn't work properly with some NForce2 motherboards, and as such Overclockers doesn't recommend it.

What board are you using?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.