GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Thu 24/09/09 at 18:40
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Submitted one.... just wondering whether you got it. Wasn't sure which one to go for... i like the reviews and opinions as well as the games part. So either really. If i get it. Good luck to everyone else
Thu 24/09/09 at 18:43
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Has Garin applied yet? I'm sure he will.

No.
I think I've applied in the past actually and my application was ignored. Naturally I'm very bitter about the whole thing and go to bed every night wishing Freeola forums only have 10 regular users.
Thu 24/09/09 at 18:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
theweirdo666 wrote:
> Submitted one.... just wondering whether you got it. Wasn't sure
> which one to go for... i like the reviews and opinions as well as
> the games part. So either really. If i get it. Good luck to
> everyone else

Good luck theweirdo :) I myself have applied for the reviews section. There are many members who deserve to be a moderator (some might say more than needed!) but it's worth applying for, as if you've got the dedication and commitment to your forum, Freeola can only become a better place to post ;)
Thu 24/09/09 at 18:51
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I genuinely believe the bitter bit of that comment Garin. :D

And if you read my earlier post you may see that the application process system was a wee bit glitched, which I have now resolved.
Thu 24/09/09 at 19:32
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> I genuinely believe the bitter bit of that comment Garin. :D

Mark my words, you'll have warts when you wake in the morning!

> And if you read my earlier post you may see that the application
> process system was a wee bit glitched, which I have now resolved.

Oh this was a long time ago and I think I received an email but my reply never got answered.
Thu 24/09/09 at 19:44
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahh ok well I can't help there. All I can say is that I'm handling it now. Which increases the chance of things getting done by 1%!
Thu 24/09/09 at 19:46
Regular
I'm not sure if Garin will agree with me, but I don't think we can do anything to get these forums active again. We tried having moderators in charge of seperate forums and that didn't work so well and back then there were 3 people promoting their forum.

Things have changed a lot on the internet over the years, when this forum started there wasn't Myspace, facebook, twitter or youtube. Most of us would spend hours chatting on here even as late as 1am there would be quite a few people chatting with new posts every second! (okay hardly worth reading, but still it was very active).

Now it's even harder to find new people and to keep them coming back.. The competition is so much greater now than it was 5 years ago.
Thu 24/09/09 at 20:26
"possibly impossible"
I don't think it's that, Machie, though it will have an affect. I think it's the focus. You need a focus to draw people in and keep them coming back.

Anyway, have discussed this with Warhunt outside of the forums, but I strongly believe that if this place was focused on one aspect (tech, games or whatever) and built itself upon that, with news and items that other forums didn't have, then it would work.

Basically the result speaks for itself: Pretty much any active forum which is currently gaining new members is linked to a business or website that has a sole focus, be it Eurogamer for games or DigitalSpy for media, and posts news articles, reviews and unique features.

This site already has reviews, cheats and tech support so it has a wealth of items but really requires a presentation page which the user comes to first to tie these all together and present some staff based (or user based if they hire someone to run it unofficially) items to gather new customers.
Thu 24/09/09 at 20:55
"Retarded List"
Maybe having a design and layout that didn't make your eyes weep blood would be a start
Thu 24/09/09 at 21:03
"possibly impossible"
I find it's actually one of the better forums to navigate and the white, brown and blue is fairly easy on the eye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.