GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Wed 23/09/09 at 09:05
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Oh oh oh pick me!!

Anyway in answer to Machie:

1. As we don't get paid for it, neither should you!
2. You can have free forum access if you want?
3. We're lucky if get one, to be honest
4. You mean the Support office? No such forum exists.
5. Yes, put ButchML as your reference and I will happily answer any future employers questions
6. No, but you can grass people up to us if that's your thing
7. Pi is 3.14, fact
8. Not until we do, and believe me we have asked
9. No, but this is probably something that might be done. Do you check your e-mails at 2am??
10. Not a chance, otherwise where would we get our fun from?
11. Nothing stopping normal members (normos') do this, however we do not have to listen :)
Wed 23/09/09 at 16:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
I can't believe he called us 'normos' >:(
Wed 23/09/09 at 17:46
Regular
With me replying, there's a ratio of one moderator to every two users in this thread.

I don't think I could manage the work load
Wed 23/09/09 at 17:54
"Retarded List"
I have submitted my application.

What an exciting time.
Wed 23/09/09 at 19:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
Good luck to all applicants :D I would apply myself, but i have many reasons why i shouldn't.

1. I haven't got enough time to write reviews at the moment, nevermind moderate.

2. I keep breaking rules by accident (a massive faux-par for a moderator :P)

3. I haven't been here for too long.

4.There are other members who deserve it more.

5. Warhunt supports Chelsea xD

Although, i may be potential moderator material, who knows?

Anyway, good luck again everyone! :D
Wed 23/09/09 at 20:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I can't believe he called us 'normos' >:(

I have just updated my status :)

Got loads on at the moment so doubt I'll be around much after next week.Moving house,got loads to get sorted with that and will be probably be without internet for a few weeks after then anyway.Also got a hell of a lot on with work at the moment.So for the time being looks like I'll have to remain a 'normo'.
Thu 24/09/09 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I am asking for the regular status to be changed to "Normo" now :D Mwahaha

Couldn't accept your application anyway Chris. You would probably get people to sign up then steal their hubcaps while they were online! Mwahaha.

(Joking of course)

I think you would make a decent moderator for the reviews section actually.
Thu 24/09/09 at 13:35
Regular
Can I have my user status changed to "furniture"
Thu 24/09/09 at 13:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha. You have a fair amount of posts so it might be worth it. :D

Incidentally it appears the "Apply Now" link for moderators was broken before and was sending the mail to a very old address. If you wanted to apply I would suggest to resend it.
Thu 24/09/09 at 14:03
"possibly impossible"
Just checking I won't need to re-apply will I? I'm happy doing the chat forum moderation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.