GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Moderators"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/09/09 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
As you all know by now it is always our aim to improve the forums and one of the steps I am taking to this aim is to get the moderating team into the mix a bit more helping out and generating a bit of traffic for the relevant sections.

So shortly you should notice a quick shuffle up of moderators and 1 moderator per section (some may continue to have 2 if needed).

Some examples of our aim here is to allow users the chance to help the site along, and take a more active role in the running of the site.

I will need some more volunteers however (1 or 2 new ones). So what I'm going to do is ask people to apply if they want to help me out as part of the forums moderating team. If you want to apply please visit APPLY NOW

Any questions ask away, and if you are very interested in helping, my contact can be used under my name as always :D
Thu 24/09/09 at 21:08
"Retarded List"
Nah compared to certain other sites it's an eyesore

Even trying to find the forums from the main page would be enough to put most newcomers off
Thu 24/09/09 at 21:08
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> I find it's actually one of the better forums to navigate and the
> white, brown and blue is fairly easy on the eye.

Yeah but the 5 billion adverts, overflow of links, inconsistent viewport and eclectic array of styles are quite off putting.
Thu 24/09/09 at 22:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
Steel Protagonist wrote:

Even trying to find the forums from the main page would be enough to put most newcomers off

I mentioned this a while ago.If you didn't know the forums where here you would never find them.There used to be a direct link from the homepage but Freeola got rid of it ? :S
Thu 24/09/09 at 22:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:

> Yeah but the 5 billion adverts, overflow of links, inconsistent
> viewport and eclectic array of styles are quite off putting.

A very good and valid point Garin - totally support your comment
Fri 25/09/09 at 07:31
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> pb wrote:
> I find it's actually one of the better forums to navigate and
> the
> white, brown and blue is fairly easy on the eye.
>
> Yeah but the 5 billion adverts, overflow of links, inconsistent
> viewport and eclectic array of styles are quite off putting.

This is true.

The main issue is that the forums are hidden by Ninjas in the forest of Freeola.
Fri 25/09/09 at 12:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
This isn't going to change. As much as we would like it to, we have to do our best around the site build. The point of the forums and interactive is to bring people to Freeola.

I have to do my best, and I am trying. All suggestions are taking on board and I nag McLong about more or less every one :D
Fri 25/09/09 at 14:39
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
And users arent going to change either. We want user friendly websites. :)
Fri 25/09/09 at 15:57
"Retarded List"
I may have accidentally sparked discussion

Please don't ban me again
Fri 25/09/09 at 16:07
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Steel Protagonist wrote:
> I may have accidentally sparked discussion
>
> Please don't ban me again

Sigh, users really don't change Garin you're right! :D

And enough about that topic for the moment, I'm doing what I can guys. Gotta try and focus on the things that can change.
Fri 25/09/09 at 16:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
Hang in there Warhunt ;P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.