GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Bible is fiction."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 19:15
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
The bible was written a long time ago and was used as a way of controlling people. Ordinary people were scared of this thing known as God because they did not understand death. We still do not understand death but at least we understand life a little better.
God was used to explain the unexplainable but now we understand some of the unexplainable. We no longer need God like our ancesters. All we need is hope...
Human nature is destruction and the only thing that we should hope for is that we do not destroy the beautiful planet on which we live. We do not deserve the gifts we have but maybe one day we will be truely gateful for them...
Page:
Tue 12/10/04 at 16:46
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Technically, the Bible could have been written by somebody looking to make a quick buck, but it's not impossible people inspired by God could have written it. If time machines were invented, or there was evidence, it'd be easy to find out the truth, but here's something to consider: would we want to?
Tue 12/10/04 at 16:10
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Light, I'm only spending 5 minutes here today - so I'm not 'running
> away' but all I will say is that a creationist and an evolutionist
> look at a rock in two different ways. How anyone can conclude that a
> rock is 55 million years old or something like that is beyond me. Oh,
> and before you ask I've looked at the 'scientific theory' behind it
> and I was far from convinced.

Yeah don't trust science; what has it ever done for us? Every single theory they've every come up with is wrong. The scientific principles used to manufacture the PC I am using now, and to generate and distibute the energy needed to power it, must be flawed.
Tue 12/10/04 at 15:48
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Light, I'm only spending 5 minutes here today - so I'm not 'running away' but all I will say is that a creationist and an evolutionist look at a rock in two different ways. How anyone can conclude that a rock is 55 million years old or something like that is beyond me. Oh, and before you ask I've looked at the 'scientific theory' behind it and I was far from convinced.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Good point, Light. There are still plenty of things that we don't understand, and plenty of sciences to discover. The Universe for instance: all we know is what we can see and feel on this small rock, populated by chavs. Heck, we can't even prove Bigfoot exists! So yeah, something has to cover all those things that 'just happen'. God? That's an interpretation left up to the individual. Religion is the real sore point because those in charge try to force one meaning of the word 'God' on a seemingly automoton society.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
rlinney2001 wrote:
> Now, you'll have to exuse me if I'm repeating anything anyyone has
> said previously, but if creationists believe the universe to be 6000
> years old, surely they're digging their own argumentative grave,
> because even carbon dating can disprove this.

Alas no. Because carbon dating is a science still in the early stages of life, certain religious types take that as an excuse to dismiss the whole thing out of hand and state that it must therefore follow that the bible is correct.

Which is equally as blinkered and repugnant as those in the scientific community who state that the must be no God because He hasn't shown up in any experiments.
Tue 12/10/04 at 13:07
Regular
"The Llama Overlord"
Sorry I've covered evolution in my previous post, but I didn't actually post about the bible... there are hundreds of different religions, all supposedly derived from the same divine scriptures, but how? Why isn't there a document around provided by this omniscient being that sorts everything out once and for all?

I can't understand how people can so blindly follow something that is so contradictory. (just the one example below, there are more..)

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill
Leviticus 24:17 And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death

Ok, so you shouldn't kill, but if you do, you'll be put to death yourself. "Two wrongs don't make a right" is possibly one of the most sensible sayings of civilised society (shame we don't practice it often enough).
Tue 12/10/04 at 12:54
Regular
"The Llama Overlord"
Now, you'll have to exuse me if I'm repeating anything anyyone has said previously, but if creationists believe the universe to be 6000 years old, surely they're digging their own argumentative grave, because even carbon dating can disprove this.
At least evolutionists have the sense to try and at least come up with theories that at least look as if they function when scrutinised rather than picking random facts out of thin air.

As for when one animal "becomes" another (i.e. evolution), a good example is the chicken and the egg. The egg came first, because two "non-chickens" mate to produce an egg, within which lies a zygote. The zygote is the only place where mutations can occur in order to produce a unique animal (mutations during a lifetime normally just lead to unpleasant diseases/syndromes).

So, in short (and at the risk of being flamed into oblivion) the egg came first, and creationists can have their dreams exploded by a simple carbon dating procedure to disprove their 6000 year old universe "theory".

R.
Tue 01/06/04 at 00:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Gabbo wrote:
> What created God then?
>
> God didn't need creating, He is the beginning.

So what was there before the beginning?

And what caused the beginning to begin?
Tue 01/06/04 at 00:03
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Gabbo wrote:
> The beginning of what?
>
> Some crazy f****d up world? To be honest, I don't want anything to do
> with the person who created this.

Couldn't agree more.

But we don't have that choice, do we Forest? We're stuck in God's 'wonderful' system, whether we like it or not, aren't we?

That's free choice for all!!! etc
Tue 01/06/04 at 00:02
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Come on God, show me how good life can be? Because there's no existance of you so far?

If you're the one that created me and gave me free will? Why should I come running back to you? Why?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.