GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Bible is fiction."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/04/04 at 19:15
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
The bible was written a long time ago and was used as a way of controlling people. Ordinary people were scared of this thing known as God because they did not understand death. We still do not understand death but at least we understand life a little better.
God was used to explain the unexplainable but now we understand some of the unexplainable. We no longer need God like our ancesters. All we need is hope...
Human nature is destruction and the only thing that we should hope for is that we do not destroy the beautiful planet on which we live. We do not deserve the gifts we have but maybe one day we will be truely gateful for them...
Page:
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:19
Regular
Light wrote:

> Yeah, God's system was SO perfect that He allowed Man to mess
> it up...yet God is omnipotent and omnipresent. So He punished Man for
> something he knew would happen and could have prevented. Sounds like
> God has a few problems accepting responsibility, no?

I put this one accross to some CU friends, trying to persuade them that God wasn't really perfect. They couldn't quite understand that I wasn't putting him down, but sort of trying to question the idea that he expects us to be perfect... unless we want to burn in hell ofcourse! ;-)
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
crossbob wrote:
> The bible is non-fiction actually.

Its fiction, every one knows Stephen King wrote it
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Catch it!"
The bible is non-fiction actually.
Sat 16/10/04 at 10:16
Regular
If I die and discover that there is a God, I'd give him a damn good shouting at for letting the crap that he lets happen happen. And don't get me started on how God gave us free will. What about non-moral evils such as volcanoes etc?
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Ant wrote
> But we don't have that choice, do we Forest? We're stuck in God's
> 'wonderful' system, whether we like it or not, aren't we?

its beginning to sound like the Matrix
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I used to think there was "something" when I was younger. However I went through a bad time in my teens which convinced me there is no God or higher power because I didnt feel "alive" (i was depressed). i cant really explain what i went through but I just dont see why a "God" would exsist and i find people who do revolve their life around religion to be very scary and to be wasting their time. I mean my mums friend is deeply religious, but is so into his beliefs that he wont be persuaded to change an opinion on something. Its not that I dont respect people and their beliefs, its just i think religion equals death (i.e, twin towers)

I think the bible is one of the best examples of why the human race is so weak, because theyd believe anything. We are too afraid to face up to the reality around us, and instead of fighting our fears, we fight each other.

It all sounds good if there was to be a heaven when you die, but how many people have died in the history of the human race? billions and billions, i mean whats the point in storing their "conscience's" in another place.
Fri 15/10/04 at 20:34
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Goffik wrote:
> Does any of this really matter?

the problem is that some people take religion too seriously and decide to kill anyone who doesn't believe in their god, and then turn around and say the holy book told them to do it.
Fri 15/10/04 at 18:15
Regular
Does any of this really matter? Who is alive today that has been alive since 1, the bginning of the world or 2, the day the bible was written. No-one. So, we can never say with 100% proof that either "theory" is right, wrong, fiction or non-fiction. I say we all let people believe whatever the hell they want, God or no God, and make the best of what we have without worrying other peoples personal beliefs. Each to their own, and all that...
Fri 15/10/04 at 07:38
Regular
I think the Bible is fiction because of the mass of contradictions. I think this is right, but it's been 4 years since I did GCSE RE, so bear with me.

Genesis Chapter 1 told us that the first man and woman were created at the same time, after the animals. But Genesis Chapter 2 said that the order of creations was man, animal, woman.

There's a few more I remember too, as we had to learn them all back in Year 10. I've got Uni work to do, but I'll be back to argue my side later ;0)
Fri 15/10/04 at 07:32
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ant wrote:

>
> Yes, and I suppose it's God's fault that we live in a crazy f****d up
> world is it? I suppose it's God actually told those people to go and
> blow up the Twin Towers, eh? I suppose God's always telling people to
> go out and steal, kill etc.

Well...being as how all the cocknots who flew those planes believed they were on a divine mission, then yeah; God did tell them. Of course, he didn't but have fun trying to persuade Al-Quaida fanatics otherwise.

>
> You contradict yourselves guys, God gave us free will so we could
> make the choice whether to follow him or not, and it's pretty damn
> obvious that a helluva lot of people in this World have gone against
> him, because there's a lot of evil in this world. I'm not denying
> that, but here's the way I see it - if God plucked crashing planes
> out of the sky and landed them to safety, and got rid of all the evil
> in the world, surely we'd be in heaven already?

Heh. So by pointing out the many flaws in Forest's definition of free will, we're contradicting ourselves? For what it's worth I pretty much agree with you and your opinions on free will (with the exception that I feel God may exist but is entirely irrelevant to life on earth). Do you even read what Forest, Archangel et al say? Or do you just read the responses and work yourself up over 'attacks on christianity'?

>
> You don't like God's 'wonderful' system? Would you have rather not
> been born? The system WAS wonderul, until we mucked it up. Maybe not
> you or me personally, but mankind did, but you know what? God's
> always gonna be there for you, but what's he supposed to do if you
> ignore him and don't believe in him? This world may not be a great
> place but that isn't God's fault, God has always helped me out when
> I've needed him...so you ask him to come and show how great He is and
> how great the World can be? He can't show you how great he is if you
> don't believe in him.

Bull. Yeah, God's system was SO perfect that He allowed Man to mess it up...yet God is omnipotent and omnipresent. So He punished Man for something he knew would happen and could have prevented. Sounds like God has a few problems accepting responsibility, no?

I'm SICK of christian attempts to bring everyone in line using guilt. Your faith has helped you and that's great. Don't expect everyone else to accept Him, and don't try and bully people into doing so.
>
> But as you've said...that's up to you. Because you have free will.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll enjoy that when you're (now how did you put it) "seeing the looks on your faces when you realise you're wrong".
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.