GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" (The current) Arsenal - The best club england has ever produced?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 20:54
"LOLLERSKATES!"
arsenal are flying this season, unbeaten, and, are arguablky the best club side an english club has ever produced, according to experts. even better than the busby man utd, with george best and charlton. top footie pundits, including hansen and lawro seem to think so, as well as others, includin gray, atkinson and mccoist. they also say that henry is nothing like any other player who has ever played in england. his talent is extraordinary, better than zidane and matching ronaldo, if not surpassing him. no, honestly, arsenal have a great shot at the champions league. they already (arguably) have the title inthe bag and are looking trumps for the F.A. cup. This is spur's fans's worst nightmare.....
Sun 14/03/04 at 22:12
Regular
On Results alone, Milan are the best club in Europe at the moment. Won 11 out of thier last 12 league games. 64 points from 25 games this season which is just amazing.

Just beat Juve 3-1 in Turin and are now are 7 points clear of Roma who have had an outstanding season themselves.
Sun 14/03/04 at 15:03
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I disagree with that. Real Madrid have a far stronger squad, plus some
> damn good management staff.

no way! they may have some of the worlds best midfielders and some quality attackers, but they have a weak and easily buckled defence, as they miss hierro deeply. he was treated shabily and even sued madrid.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:38
Regular
As good as arsenal have been this season, even gooners must have slight worries if coming up agaisnt an attacking force such as Real looking back at how Inter thumped 3 home at highbury earlier in the season. It especially bad considering how poor Inter have been in serie A this season.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:02
"High polygon count"
Littlest Brother wrote:
> Perhaps their one let down is their defence, supporting a very poor
> goalie, let's just say they are vulnerable.

I accept that our defence isn't as good as when we had Dixon, Adams, Bould/Keown and Winterburn, but it's still fairly solid. This season moreso than last.

I don't see how you can call it a let-down when we are unbeaten for 30 games now (if you count the last 2 of last season).

And Lehmann a poor goalie? I don't think so. Granted he has made some comical Schmeical/Barthez-like howlers, and his kicking can be suspect - but he's not poor. His temperament does worry me, though.

But while on the subject of Lehmann... why did he get fined £10,000 for throwing the ball at Phillips, when Phillips only got fined £2,000 for stamping on his foot? Which is the more 'violent' action, likely to cause injury?
Sat 13/03/04 at 21:17
Regular
Madrid has an excellent attack but their defence is very weak. Arsenal will break down their defence on the counter-attack and that will be why Arsenal wins the match (if they play them that is).
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well maybe we'll get to see Madrid vs Arsenal soon enough.......... and then see Madrid totally play them off the pitch
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Ok, I am a Spurs fan, and am azbout to break every rule possible for a Spurs fan.

Arsenal are the best team in the world (*hopes no-body could read that*).

Yes, teams like Real Madrid could perhaps boast a better squad, but quite frankly put them all together and no-one gels as well as the Arsenal line up. The fluency and skill there is going forward is something I have never seen before (then again I've only really been in the footballing scene around 8 years). Perhaps their one let down is their defence, supporting a very poor goalie, let's just say they are vulnerable.

But very few teams actually get that far down the pitch, with the incredibly gritty midfield. Most of the time, Arsenal have the ball and are attacking, leaving very little opportunity for opposition teams to trouble what I see as a weak defence.

And of course, Thierry Henry. There is no doubt that he is the best player around right now, and is the icing on the cake for a simply brilliant Arsenal side.

Congratulations Mr Wenger
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Real Madrid have a better squad, maybe. Certainly the names they can boast claim to beats Arsenal's list, but no other team in the world plays with the same team spirit as Arsenal. You'd think they'd worked together as a team for their whole life: they all seem to know the way each other player plays, and they use this so well. Having a bunch of big names isn't everything, as I'm sure one Roman Abramovich can tell you. His team must be worth at least double Arsenal's, yet look who's top of the table by 9 points currently.

If Arsenal and Real Madrid meet in the next round of the Champions League, my money would be on the Gooners. Simple as that.
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I disagree with that. Real Madrid have a far stronger squad, plus some damn good management staff.
Sat 13/03/04 at 20:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
They might not be the best team English football has ever seen, but I believe that they are the best team in the world right now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.