GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" (The current) Arsenal - The best club england has ever produced?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 20:54
"LOLLERSKATES!"
arsenal are flying this season, unbeaten, and, are arguablky the best club side an english club has ever produced, according to experts. even better than the busby man utd, with george best and charlton. top footie pundits, including hansen and lawro seem to think so, as well as others, includin gray, atkinson and mccoist. they also say that henry is nothing like any other player who has ever played in england. his talent is extraordinary, better than zidane and matching ronaldo, if not surpassing him. no, honestly, arsenal have a great shot at the champions league. they already (arguably) have the title inthe bag and are looking trumps for the F.A. cup. This is spur's fans's worst nightmare.....
Wed 17/03/04 at 16:56
Regular
"4 time euro champs!"
Im sick of this, you could argue Nottingham forest in the late 80's I think won 2 euro cups in a row under clough, you could say Paisley's liverpool, why bother?Arsenal are not the best...
These teams play different era's and you talk about game pace, so what? thats like saying the next team to win the league is the best ever, cos it's played at a faster pace
Wed 17/03/04 at 02:30
Regular
Don or†ega wrote:
> I just dont think Chelsea can carry on losing to Arsenal.
>
> Its getting beyond a joke. If Cudicini, Duff, Terry, and Gallas are
> all fit for the 1/4 finals then I think Chelsea will be facing Real.

CoughVeronandCrespoTooCough

Anyway, obviously the best team ever are Preston North End (of the 1800s).
You may have some sort of chance at going undefeated for a year, but who've already done it?

Yay the Invincibles :^)
Wed 17/03/04 at 00:02
Regular
Nope, Leeds team of very old is the best the league has seen, the Bremner era, I think my dad had 22 consecutive season tickets throughout the glory years at Leeds United not to mention travelling to European cup final and all over Europe and he is an avid football fan and he believes they are the best the league have seen and he is far from biased despite being a huge Leeds fan he just loves to watch football in general. From all the old videos I would have to agree.

The Arsenal of current though are the best team I think the Premiership has seen, they are truly an awesome force and the weak defence of last season has turned into one of the best in the Preniership this season.
Tue 16/03/04 at 23:58
Regular
I just dont think Chelsea can carry on losing to Arsenal.

Its getting beyond a joke. If Cudicini, Duff, Terry, and Gallas are all fit for the 1/4 finals then I think Chelsea will be facing Real.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Notable"
Of course Real are a bunch of individuals. Of course they are. And Arsenal aren't? I mean don't the individuals make the team?

Real don't play better as a team than Arsenal?..

If we were Spanish, you'd be saying the opposite.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Think what you think, but that's just my opinion.

Arsenal wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't true, and we'll soon see when Arsenal play Real in the Semi's.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Notable"
Foreman wrote:
> Arsenal are the best team in the world, and they play like Brazil at
> times.

WRONG

> Real Madrid have the best squad on paper, but they are full of
> individuals and are not as good as working as a team like Arsenal.

WRONG
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Aresnal are the best team in the world, and they play like Brazil at times.

Real Madrid have the best squad on paper, but they are full of individuals and are not as good as working as a team like Arsenal.
Tue 16/03/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sorry but the teams that can be considered the best ARE the ones who are consistent week in week out, not those who turn up for one week and play outstanding then for the next 3 or 4 games are just average. If we're using you're logic then Bolton can be considered a great team too. Play outstanding one game and then disappear for the next few.
There's no doubt Arsenal have been a class apart and the difference is they have been consistent unlike other seasons. If they win the treble then i will consider them a great team, right now i just consider them a very good one. But then again United have been totally crap all season and god knows how we're 3rd, a team which you escaped with a draw from earlier on in the season.
Tue 16/03/04 at 17:52
"High polygon count"
Okay, so who are the best according to you?

Remember, we're talking purely in terms of the type and quality of football they play.

1. Arsenal are currently the best in England. I think few would honestly dispute that. Even Spurs fans are admitting it.

2. The football played now is of a much higher quality than ever before.

3. Therefore, the current Arsenal team are the best that has ever been produced in this country. Trophies or not.

In terms of trophies, there's no doubt that United are the best. But trophies reward consistency, not ability. Since Wenger's arrival, United have won more titles, but head-to-head, Arsenal beat them more often than not.

So they have more trophies, but we usually beat them. Consistency, not ability.

I may be biased, but I believe Arsenal have been the best footballing side in England for the last 2 or 3 seasons; what they didn't have (until this season, or so it seems) was consistency. While United rolled on consistently above average, Arsenal have been at times outstanding, and at other times quite poor.

I hope that makes some sense to someone, somewhere... :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.