GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" (The current) Arsenal - The best club england has ever produced?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 20:54
"LOLLERSKATES!"
arsenal are flying this season, unbeaten, and, are arguablky the best club side an english club has ever produced, according to experts. even better than the busby man utd, with george best and charlton. top footie pundits, including hansen and lawro seem to think so, as well as others, includin gray, atkinson and mccoist. they also say that henry is nothing like any other player who has ever played in england. his talent is extraordinary, better than zidane and matching ronaldo, if not surpassing him. no, honestly, arsenal have a great shot at the champions league. they already (arguably) have the title inthe bag and are looking trumps for the F.A. cup. This is spur's fans's worst nightmare.....
Fri 12/03/04 at 20:54
"LOLLERSKATES!"
arsenal are flying this season, unbeaten, and, are arguablky the best club side an english club has ever produced, according to experts. even better than the busby man utd, with george best and charlton. top footie pundits, including hansen and lawro seem to think so, as well as others, includin gray, atkinson and mccoist. they also say that henry is nothing like any other player who has ever played in england. his talent is extraordinary, better than zidane and matching ronaldo, if not surpassing him. no, honestly, arsenal have a great shot at the champions league. they already (arguably) have the title inthe bag and are looking trumps for the F.A. cup. This is spur's fans's worst nightmare.....
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Have you ever realised how irritating you are?

I admit that ARSEnal have been on good form this season, execptionally good, but they could never be as good as the Man Utd team of the late 50s which was tragically killed off in a plane cras in 1958.
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not even close and that's not just because i'm a United fan. This team hasn't even won anything yet how the hell are they the best?? And saying they're better then the Busby Babes is nearing on blasphemy
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:58
"I love yo... lamp."
The current Arsenal side is certainly a very formidable one. I'd like to see them play against a bunch of other great teams, the 1999 Manchester United team, the 1967 Celtic team, the 1950's Real Madrid.

It would be interesting. But to say they aren't better than the 1958 Manchester United side is to go out on a limb. Football has changed so much since then, the style of the game just is different.

Not only that but the Busby Babes don't have a way of benchmarking their greatness in any way that would allow us to compare, i.e. the current Arsenal could play and beat the current Real Madrid and we would be able to say hey Arsenal rock.

But there is no way of comparing the Busby Babes to Arsenal.

So by default Arsenal are better.
Fri 12/03/04 at 22:10
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> This team hasn't even won anything yet how the hell are they the best??

The bulk of this team has won a Double, and some of them have won two in the last few seasons. If you're talking about this exact team, fair enough. But then by the same measure, United haven't won anything either.

> And saying they're better then the Busby Babes is nearing on blasphemy

How so?

I think most people would tend to agree that today's football is much harder. It's consistently played at a much higher pace and skill level and requires more technical ability.

They may have been 'tougher' (i.e. less diving and rolling around), but chances are most footballers from the 50s, if transplanted through time, would not last the season today.

As such, I think any of today's top teams can safely be classed as better.
Fri 12/03/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> This team hasn't even won anything yet how the hell are they the
> best??
>
> The bulk of this team has won a Double, and some of them have won two
> in the last few seasons. If you're talking about this exact
> team, fair enough. But then by the same measure, United haven't won
> anything either.

Never said this United had won anything. Plus i wouldn't even put this United, based on performances not results, in the top 5 of best teams this season

> And saying they're better then the Busby Babes is nearing on
> blasphemy
>
> How so?
>
> I think most people would tend to agree that today's football is much
> harder. It's consistently played at a much higher pace and skill
> level and requires more technical ability.
>
> They may have been 'tougher' (i.e. less diving and rolling around),
> but chances are most footballers from the 50s, if transplanted
> through time, would not last the season today.
>
> As such, I think any of today's top teams can safely be classed as
> better.

I class teams based on the silverware won and who they had to face to win that silverware. Busby Babes have silverware, this Arsenal team doesn't, therefore i class the babes as better.
Fri 12/03/04 at 23:48
Regular
If Arsenal win the treble, then yes.

Although I doubt the above will happen.
Sat 13/03/04 at 08:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Now, if Arsenal win the treble will Wenger receive a knighthood d'you think?
Sat 13/03/04 at 09:07
"LOLLERSKATES!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> This team hasn't even won anything yet how the hell are they the
> best??
>
> The bulk of this team has won a Double, and some of them have won
> two
> in the last few seasons. If you're talking about this exact
> team, fair enough. But then by the same measure, United haven't won
> anything either.
>
>
> Never said this United had won anything. Plus i wouldn't even put
> this United, based on performances not results, in the top 5 of best
> teams this season
>
>
> And saying they're better then the Busby Babes is nearing on
> blasphemy
>
> How so?
>
> I think most people would tend to agree that today's football is
> much
> harder. It's consistently played at a much higher pace and skill
> level and requires more technical ability.
>
> They may have been 'tougher' (i.e. less diving and rolling around),
> but chances are most footballers from the 50s, if transplanted
> through time, would not last the season today.
>
> As such, I think any of today's top teams can safely be classed as
> better.
>
>
> I class teams based on the silverware won and who they had to face to
> win that silverware. Busby Babes have silverware, this Arsenal team
> doesn't, therefore i class the babes as better.

yes, but what about before they had one silverware?
Sat 13/03/04 at 11:18
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
<<>> wrote some stuff:
---------------

I can't believe such a bad typist is my racing partner!

=D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.