GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh, don't flatter yourself, luv."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/11/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ricky Gervais appealing for the return of leaked Office scripts, calling them a "christmas present for the nation". Oh. Dear. The Office was weak at best. I think he's fallen foul of the BBC's marketing department.
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
monkey_man wrote:
> I find the new series of
> Partridge difficult to watch.

Me too. I started watching it since everyone raved about the last series, but i just couldnt laugh.

That Fred Bassett comment was harsh goaty. Harsh.
Sat 29/11/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Sweaty God?
Oh dear.
Sweet. My head hurts.
Sat 29/11/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Goatboy wrote:
> Stick to Gimme Gimme Gimme and Fred Bassett cartoon strips

Oh sweat God no.
Gimme Gimme Gimme is the worst piece of crap I've ever witnessed. And the retarded cretins in the audience laugh away at some ginger man screaming and shouting away.
Eurgh.

I suppose with The Office, it's like Marmite - you either love it or hate it. Unfortunately, I dislike it. Ok, so that was neither love or hate, but anyway.
Sat 29/11/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh yeah - Bo Selecta is tosh of the highest order.
Sat 29/11/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> You won't understand unless you have worked in office culture. It's
> the pain of recognition at characters, situations and the horrible
> realisation that these people are you.
> If you're at school or Uni, you can laugh at the funny man called
> Brent but you won't cringe with a faint recollection that you've
> done/said/seen something almost identical.

Let me just stop you there Goaty - I worked in various offices for over 2 years before I went to Uni, under about 6 or 7 different managers. I love Larry Sanders, I wish BBC2 would repeat it again at a decent time (Seinfeld too)!!!! But I just don't like The Office. I know that's half the point - you're not meant to like the characters - but I find the jokes within the situations really unfunny. Maybe it's just me, because I find the new series of Partridge difficult to watch. The best self-realisation comedy is Armando Ianucci (sp?) - the style of delivery really gets me, because he's not setting scenarios, he's just getting on with it and making really good observations.

And The Office ruined what it did have by Brent doing that stupid dance - now everyone rips it off, and is the only real reason I can see it being remembered for. I've seen every episode. Heck, I even bought the series 1 DVD on an impulse, but it's just not for me. Sorry if that offends you *points at you*
Sat 29/11/03 at 17:44
Regular
I do like the office, although some episodes I find myself squirming with embarrassment for Ricky Gervais's character, and I'm unsure as to whether that is a good thing.

It's certainly different.
Sat 29/11/03 at 17:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
The Office is awesome. Own both series on DVD and highly look forward to the coming Xmas specials. Infact its so good I've started to use Brent quotes around my mates, which is quite bad really.. but there we go.. 'so'....
Sat 29/11/03 at 16:28
Regular
"95% organic"
monkey_man wrote:
> The Office was weak at best.

Whaaaa!? I heartily disagree: The Office was great at worst...

As for leaked scripts? that... mr monkey, is entirely the work of the BBC marketing department. The script was never 'leaked', it is merely a marketing ploy to promote the Christmas Special... and if it's getting people who don't even like The Office talking about it, it's clearly working rather well.
Sat 29/11/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I always do it and the same thing always happens. What? Well, I see 'The Office' in the on-screen TV guide (Sky subscriber, you see) and I think "Great! I'll watch that." and within a few minutes of it starting I'm laughing my ass off but, at the same time I'm wanting to scream and turn it off. By the end of it I'm exhausted from laughing so hard whilst cringeing really badly at the same time.

Needless to say, it's on my Christmas list ...
Sat 29/11/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Goatboy wrote:
> I thought, and still do think, The Office is one of the most
> understated and fantastic comedies of recent late.

Agree with that. When I first read what you said I thought you had written, “underrated”, and that I wouldn’t have agreed with.

The subtlety of the characters realistic points is what makes the show. My trainer up at Ryton was quite a bit like David Brent, with his ability to murder jokes and such. I’ve met plenty of people that have his, “must be centre of attention”, character traits, and it is painful to watch them.

> But then I've seen people proclaiming the genius of Bo Selecta &
> other formulaic "HAHAHAHAHAH" type shows.

Bo Selecta is one of the most painfully unfunny things I have seen since the so called, "accidental", videos of You've Been Framed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.