GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh, don't flatter yourself, luv."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/11/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ricky Gervais appealing for the return of leaked Office scripts, calling them a "christmas present for the nation". Oh. Dear. The Office was weak at best. I think he's fallen foul of the BBC's marketing department.
Sun 30/11/03 at 22:06
Regular
Red Dwarf... now there IS a series worth watching.
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Office is good, but nothing special.

I would much rather watch Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Father Ted and The Fast Show.

Has some good moments though.
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
cookie monster wrote:
> That Fred Bassett comment was harsh goaty. Harsh.

Ha ha ha. Harsh but fair.
Sun 30/11/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> However, your opinion is moot because you have, on several occasions,
> admitted to liking The Darkness and saying "they're not *that*
> bad" when, in fact, they are.

I have since retracted that statement, owing to the fact that they most certainly are wankors.

I saw the Office when it was first shown on TV (FACT - the BBC sat on it for a year and a half because they weren't sure if it would work), and it just didn't do anything for me. I've had managers like Brent - male and female - and I've known office joeys like Gareth, so I can appreciate the humour, but I can't sit there watching it, because it gets so boring. Oh well, that's just the way of the world, circle of life and all that crap.

Oh, and I went to a so-called "alternative" club last night - they played 2 The Darkness songs! I felt like trying to escape through the urinal.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:39
Regular
Putting the stationary in the Jelly was a stroke of genius.
Sat 29/11/03 at 22:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Goatboy wrote:
> I had that at work, people would say "D'you see The Office last
> night? Oh my god, it was like soooooo funny!!!".
> And then proceed to get huffy at the person next to them because they
> took their stapler without asking.

I used to work with people like that. I'd often imagined the headline "Ferral wheelchair user massacres work colleagues in hole-punch killing spree" ...
Sat 29/11/03 at 22:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Goatboy wrote:
> However, your opinion is moot because you have a different opinion to mine when it comes to a band

*roll eyes*
Sat 29/11/03 at 21:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Cheese?
I'm sure you could've come up with a better example than cheese.
That's just poor, Goatboy. You can do better.
Sat 29/11/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
monkey_man wrote:
> Sorry if that offends you *points at you*
--

Doesn't offend me at all, I've got nothing to do with the show.
However, your opinion is moot because you have, on several occasions, admitted to liking The Darkness and saying "they're not *that* bad" when, in fact, they are.
And the 2nd series of Alan Partridge was awful.

The thing that made me laugh about The Office was the 1st series, I remember people on here talking about how good it was, how funny and painful etc.
Then it got popular and an awful lot of people suddenly "yeah but I prefered it back when".
It's that whole "I liked it first but now you do, I've moved on to the next unknown cool thing".

I thought the 1st series was sublime, and the 2nd just upped the pain instead of being comfortably embarassing.
And that dance...yes it'll be whipped out at office Xmas parties the land over for years.
And that's the irony of it.
I had that at work, people would say "D'you see The Office last night? Oh my god, it was like soooooo funny!!!".
And then proceed to get huffy at the person next to them because they took their stapler without asking.

It's the minutiae of office life, the tedium (the shots of photocopiers doing nothing, people staring at monitors etc) that raises The Office above most other comedies. It's so very nearly close to real life.
Something like Alan Partridge is funny, but obviously scripted and played as a sitcom with the usual conventions of punchlines/laughter, contrived situations etc.

It's not for everybody, granted. Just as cheese isn't.
But the biggest achievement, for me, was seeing people in an office talk about how funny The Office was and wasn't Gareth such a tool - and proceed to do exactly the same things.

I just sat there shaking my head until I had to quit.
I like The Office, you don't.
Fair enough.
Certainly not offended that you don't, why on earth should I be?
Sat 29/11/03 at 19:47
Regular
the first series of partridge definitely goes down in my comedy hall of fame though.

absolutely fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.