GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 5 screens..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36338&subsectionid=1584[/URL]

Hmmm...what has changed?
Fri 09/09/05 at 22:10
Regular
"es argh"
Lukeman wrote:
> After LOADS of difficulty with free kicks I've finnally got the hang
> of them. If you press the DOWN button on the D-PAD (v.importan u use
> D pad) Whilst ur pressing SQUARE and then press the direction of curl
> on the Analogue while your players running you get a MUCH better score
> rate than from not holding DOWN on the D-PAD.
>
> I hear they've made them a bit simpler to score in PES5 (From OPSM2).

By, perchance, have you quoted the wrong message here?

Also, the free kick system is different. Hard to tell if they're easier or not, I have a similar scoring rate but I'm always nifty with free kicks so woteva.
Fri 09/09/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im glad to hear it isn't gonna be easy, but I wan them to make the freekicks a bit easier because unfortunately im one of those people who are useless at them and haven't scored one. :(

But im awesome at everything else, passing, shooting, corners etc.

Im hoping that the 4 stars in PES5 will be like the 6 stars in PES4, that would make the game last so much longer because after playing PES4 non-stop for about 4 months (when it came out), I was eventually able to easily win a match on 6 stars.

I haven't got PES4 on my PS2 and haven't had it for about 4 months because my untrustworthy friend scratched it too much, so thats probably why I want to play PES5 so much.

I have played PES4 recently though, on my cousin's Xbox, I usually go over to his house once a month. When playing it (about 2 week ago) I was able to beat Brazil 2 - 0 on 6* playing as USA. And I wasn't even used to the Xbox controller!

So yeh, they need to make it harder, it'll probably get me frustrated (as most difficult games do) but it's better than beating the game under the worst conditions on the hardest difficulty.

I've heard quite a few people say it hasn't changed much from PES4 and that Konami have just added a few tweaks to the game but tbh we dont really want a huge change. (Well, I dont) :)
Fri 09/09/05 at 20:23
Regular
"You have a choice"
Badgerman wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> A guy I know has played it too.
>
> They've added long range shooting as a special ability.
>
> All I know is Veron has it and works spectacularly well, apparently.
>
> You have to be in the right position though and have to hit it
> whilst running (I haven't tried it without L1 as it most likely
> wouldn't work) and that is quite a rare occurrence in a game of
> reasonable difficulty.

After LOADS of difficulty with free kicks I've finnally got the hang of them. If you press the DOWN button on the D-PAD (v.importan u use D pad) Whilst ur pressing SQUARE and then press the direction of curl on the Analogue while your players running you get a MUCH better score rate than from not holding DOWN on the D-PAD.

I hear they've made them a bit simpler to score in PES5 (From OPSM2).
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:42
Regular
"es argh"
Free kicks basically swerve a lot more now but it seems to vary at times. It seems to be a bit more based on luck as even if you think you have it perfect the ball may still go to far left, right, up or down.

I've still scored a few on WE9 though despite them changing the two player joint free kick where the other player taps it for the kicker to blast, that's been made more awkward which is a bit mnuuh.
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:38
Regular
"es argh"
Bonus wrote:
> A guy I know has played it too.
>
> They've added long range shooting as a special ability.
>
> All I know is Veron has it and works spectacularly well, apparently.

You have to be in the right position though and have to hit it whilst running (I haven't tried it without L1 as it most likely wouldn't work) and that is quite a rare occurrence in a game of reasonable difficulty.
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:36
Regular
Nah nah, Recoba is immense. Hold up, hit the curl and watch it fly into the top corner. Or if you're really close hold down and really bend it in :-).

It's all about mastering the skill :-).
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:35
Regular
"es argh"
Bonus wrote:
> Winning Eleven is already out in Japan.

Aye I know, I already have it.

> The only real changes between that and the European releases are some
> minor bugs, transfer updates and localisation issues.
>
> So the game will be out as soon as it's translated into all of the
> European languages for release and the different art styles etc. are
> all finished for the menus.

What they realy need to change is the fouls, they've turned football into a non-contact sport. Also the through balls and lob shots have been tweaked so much that they're impossible to use effectively.
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:34
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> I can score free kicks too :-).
>
> Recoba is the master for them though.

What?
Recoba, despite his awesomely amazing stats for free kicks, is absolutely awful, it's as if he's kicking a flat ball.

Veron is my favourite free kick taker - he scored a 42m wonder beauty magoal thing once - and hit the crossbar from 51m (Yes, i try and score from that far away).

Oh, and although I never really played PES3 much (maybe for a week ro so before I got disgusted with it because PES4 is way better), and I was awful at the free kicks for some odd reason.
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pro Evo 3 was incredibly easy for freekicks. I probably scored at least 100 while that was my PES of choice.

They got much harder in PES4, but I still scored a fair few.
Fri 09/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Think i only managed to score 1 free kick out of the first 4 Pro Evo's, managed to score 3 so far in Winning Eleven 9 including a 33 yard Rooney spectacular :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.