GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 5 screens..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Thu 23/06/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36338&subsectionid=1584[/URL]

Hmmm...what has changed?
Mon 27/06/05 at 16:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Admittedly, though, yes, the element of luck in the Pro Evolution
> games is frustrating, as it is unrealistic. It'll be interesting to
> see if Konami try anything new out or not with penalties, but I've
> got a feeling they'll just leave it as it is. At the most, they'll
> add a power bar, but I can't see any more new features which will
> truly benefit the system being added.

Something mentioned on the pesfan forums that I agree with, is that keepers just can't jump as high in real life as they do in-game. If you hit it right into the top corner, the keeper can always get it if they go the right way.

This is may be linked to it being out of proportion - if you look at the view you get during penalties, and compare it to the same view in a real penalty shootout, the net looks an awful lot bigger in reality compared to the players. Although the keepers still can't jump as high as they do, usually they go to the side and stick an arm upwards.

In fact, that's another thing the keepers don't do. If they go the wrong way, a keeper will always try and get it with their legs, or an arm, or try and get anything in the way.

Plus, there are only six directions for the penalty taker, so you can't really ditinguish between high and medium height shots.

I didn't realise how much was wrong with the penalties until I started to write this...
Mon 27/06/05 at 17:02
Regular
"es argh"
Sadly I doubt Penalties will be revamped, it's God awful but they've stuck with it for a while now.

The main things I'd like to see would be a revamped master league, goalkeepers being re-done from scratch and more licenses. However most of these I doubt we'll see until the PS3 is released.
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:41
Regular
"es argh"
Ooooooooh

Rumours :

from the Famitsu PS2 :

Licences for :

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester United
Liverpool
CSKA
Sao Paulo

Turkish clubs
Scotland clubs
Tue 28/06/05 at 17:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Excellent. Excellent excellent excellent. If it's true.
Tue 28/06/05 at 18:31
Regular
"es argh"
No Portsmouth? Must be too expensive a license...
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:11
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Either that or they figured, "Well, they're going down next season anyway..."
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
Badgerman wrote:
> Scotland clubs

Scottish clubs... Murray would be churning in his bath of ice if he could read that.
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:32
Regular
"Mozzy"
Blank wrote:
> Either that or they figured, "Well, they're going down next
> season anyway..."

lmao.

I think them rumors could be true because I was reading in a magazine the other day about how the whole Chelsea squad go to Joe Cole's house to play Pro Evo on Thursday nights.
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:44
Regular
"es argh"
Coin wrote:
> Badgerman wrote:
> Scotland clubs
>
> Scottish clubs... Murray would be churning in his bath of ice
> if he could read that.

That was originally written by a Frenchman who translated the Japanese mag into English, some of the other translations are just crazy
Tue 28/06/05 at 21:58
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mozzy wrote:
> I think them rumors could be true because I was reading in a magazine
> the other day about how the whole Chelsea squad go to Joe Cole's house
> to play Pro Evo on Thursday nights.

The entire squad? Christ on a bike. Must need to hire a caterer for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.