GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"QUESTION FOR ALI/TONY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/02/01 at 13:17
Regular
Could I have a copy of the mag which has my name in it? It would be cool to see my name in the top list and I have never been in the mag!

Please reply!
Mon 12/02/01 at 13:56
"High polygon count"
Weren't Rainbird part of - or bought out by - BT?
Mon 12/02/01 at 13:51
I think I have some gathering dust around the house somewhere!
Mon 12/02/01 at 13:05
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I think I can remember Rainbird games... What other titles did you create?
Did you have an eagle type logo?? Shaped a bit like the nazi bird symbol only in gold?
Mon 12/02/01 at 12:41
Did anyone think that Meka_dragon picture in the last club magazine made him look a bit like Obi-One off starwars!!
Mon 12/02/01 at 12:23
"Darkness, always"
***[email protected]*** wrote:
> do you know how to use C++? if yes then use that and buy an engine
> for it, or buy DIV games maker from Special Reserve (which is alot
> easier) and start making.

If you buy DIV games maker then it
> should tell you everything in the help that comes with it.

If you
> use C++ it is alot more complex and yopu need a lot of experience,
> and it takes a long time.

So the best thing i can say is to buy
> DIV games maker from SR

Or you could try making an online game using a Java Applet, that takes less programming knowledge, but still isn't easy...

-IB
Mon 12/02/01 at 12:17
Maybe this quote from the site will tempt more people to try this game

Race Ace (C) 1983 Tony Rainbird

This little game is a driving simulator with an overhead view. It is incredibly poor, you really need to see it to believe it (download link above). Game 'Features' include: Ear piercing squeak when you finish the race; car doesn't always face the way it is moving; very dodgy control method. Use the 'Z' and 'M' keys to rotate your blue car and drive around the track. Try not to bump into anyone as your car will stop and your Speccy will beep at you for quite a long time.
Despite everything, it can be mildly addictive and at the very least will give you a good laugh.

Sun 11/02/01 at 23:21
do you know how to use C++? if yes then use that and buy an engine for it, or buy DIV games maker from Special Reserve (which is alot easier) and start making.

If you buy DIV games maker then it should tell you everything in the help that comes with it.

If you use C++ it is alot more complex and yopu need a lot of experience, and it takes a long time.

So the best thing i can say is to buy DIV games maker from SR
Sun 11/02/01 at 22:52
Tony I want to create a game.
Can you give me any tips on how to do that please?
Sun 11/02/01 at 22:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
As the proud owner of a fully working spectrum, I want to play tony's game in all it's glory. Any chance you can get hold of a copy of the original source code for me?
Sun 11/02/01 at 20:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That was not too bad tony! **SHEEPY trying to hold in his laughter**

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.