GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"QUESTION FOR ALI/TONY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/02/01 at 13:17
Regular
Could I have a copy of the mag which has my name in it? It would be cool to see my name in the top list and I have never been in the mag!

Please reply!
Wed 14/02/01 at 10:34
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
I read in one PC magazine that within the line of code of programs are often notes for other programmers to read!

Anyway in one of the versions of Explorer there is apparently some comments about Netscape being stupid(written backwards ofcourse), but perhaps more amuzing in one of the newer versions of Windows i.e. ME or 2000, theres reference to the final company presentation for the OSs being prepared on Macs!

Shows what confidence Microsoft have in their OS doesnt it!
Tue 13/02/01 at 22:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
yes I heard of that! I read about it I think in MacWorld! (cooooool mag) Microsoft apparently had there sound stolen from them by Mac so on the latest Macs in th UK mac changed the title to that!!

HAHA I think Microsoft were just jealous cose Mac is out doing them by the ratio of 4:1

did you know when on the mac desktop when you go to the top left (little apple logo) it says About this Computer! when you hold 'alt' and go there it changes to about this finder and then if you hold 'alt' and 'control' and 'command' at the same time and go it tells you about the team!! There are clever at Mac nowadays.

Tony what did you think of my screenshot topic
Tue 13/02/01 at 22:06
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
YEP, it's true.

Real Time law suit in the post.

er-no did you know that one of the Macintosh sounds is called SOSUME. That's because Microsoft (or IBM) tried to stop Apple from using it.
Tue 13/02/01 at 22:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Yes thanks for being in the same boat! I really prefer quicktime as RealPlayer is filled with crashing software and loves to annoy me! plus quicktime is better!
Tue 13/02/01 at 21:58
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no wrote:
> tony will the site ever have quicktime downloads available?

Well I very much wish it did and I am glad somebody else thinks so too.
Tue 13/02/01 at 21:57
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
New Jimmy wrote:
> Tony do you actually manage to make a profit when someone joins

Profit?

This word is new to me, could somebody explain what it means please.
Tue 13/02/01 at 08:49
Regular
"not dead"
tony wrote:
But also BT red tape, which made it
> impossible to respond to the needs of the business.

Tell me about it!

To get a user ID and password I had to fill out an online form, an email was then sent to my manager. When he approved it, I had to wait for a fax to arrive, fill that out, and return it. Then, a few days later, someone would call me with the password!

Luckily they've changed the format now so that I only have to fill out online form, seek managerial approval, and set up account from link in an email.

It could be so much easier!
Mon 12/02/01 at 23:30
Regular
i got a quality quciktime video....of maradona scoring THAT goal in 1986. it is my pride and joy.
Mon 12/02/01 at 22:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
tony will the site ever have quicktime downloads available?
Mon 12/02/01 at 22:35
Tony do you actually manage to make a profit when someone joins,
I mean for membership we get 10 club mags, and then one of the freebies some of which are quite costly (i.e. The Toystory2 mouse mat + mouse)?????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.