GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"QUESTION FOR ALI/TONY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/02/01 at 13:17
Regular
Could I have a copy of the mag which has my name in it? It would be cool to see my name in the top list and I have never been in the mag!

Please reply!
Mon 12/02/01 at 19:40
Thanks r66, my favourite clip from that address is:

"Having set up Rainbird Software and seen it established, he resigned and left BT. Why? "For about 60 different reasons, really, but they added up to a lack of respect for the senior people in the British Telecom hierarchy. BT bureaucracy, to some extent, didn't agree with me. I had recruited a very good team that were well able to take over, so I knew Rainbird wouldn't suffer by my leaving, but it would have suffered if I had remained and continued to react against senior management decisions. So I resigned, worked my notice and left."

Pretty rebelious, I dont like BT anyway there phone calls cost to much!
Mon 12/02/01 at 19:30
You must really feel Bad Ali, now that Meka is so famous and all!
Mon 12/02/01 at 16:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony could I have a copy of the magazine as well?

:)

plleeaassseee, I haven't dont anything wrong for ages!
Mon 12/02/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
This is the history of Firebird, incase you wanted to know more!
Mon 12/02/01 at 15:26
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/articles/back0788.htm
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:20
Incidentally, going back to the original post of this thread, I help write the SR magazine and I have never had my name appear in it ever.
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:10
Regular
"not dead"
Insane Bartender wrote:

Now I pity the fool...

I pity the fool that doesn't like Mr T.
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:09
"possibly impossible"
Meka looks like Obi-wan if he were played by Jonathan Ross.

That's pretty impressive work Tony, I didn't realise you were one and the same Speccy god that created those games, or are you?

My one Speccy claim to fame is 'working' for Your Sinclair in their heyday. I'm even featured on the tribute site (no posting URL's, it's easy enough to find, it's called Your Sinclair - the rock and roll years) with a review of 10 Great Games III back in 1989! I feel old!

Mon 12/02/01 at 14:04
"Darkness, always"
New Jimmy wrote:
> Did anyone think that Meka_dragon picture in the last club magazine
> made him look a bit like Obi-One off starwars!!

What I think is that the picture shattered the illusion I had of him being some cyber-retro super hacker, who was worthy of my respect.

Now I pity the fool...

Hehehe

-IB
Mon 12/02/01 at 14:00
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
r66 wrote:
Did you have an eagle type logo?? Shaped a bit like the
> nazi bird symbol only in gold?

Are you thinking of the box for Elite?

There was a red bird logo, but that was firebird (BT's attempt at budget 2.99 games)

I seem to remeber Rainbird had fairly classy boxes (like Psygnosis stuff)... but bought out a fair few dodgy titles...

Did they do the StarGlider series?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.